Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn Thorn Pro Expansion (Thorn Presets)

EnochLight wrote:
EnGee wrote:There is also $30 discount code inside the magazine for the full version of Thorn (I'm thinking of it :-o ).

There are many similarities in both sound and design between Thorn and Europa in Reason! But Thorn has a bigger more pleasant GUI to the eyes 8) I really should have bought Thorn when it had the intro price :smack:
It really sounds good, but anyway I have too many great synths and I can't stop thinking of other great synths :cry: I'm synthoholic :help:
I tried this, but the coupon - which is advertised as 30% off - is only coming up with around 25% off at checkout. Total bunk system.

The ad in Computer Music states 30% off, but then goes on to say it's $89 USD. But it retails at $119 USD, which means 30% off should be $83.30 USD. I know we're talking a mere $5.70 USD, but it should be offered at the 30% rate according to local retail laws where I'm from. :S
Yes exactly! I did that also and found it stated '30%' wrong. Anyway, I have bought another synth instead (which I'm going to use more). I might buy the full version of Thorn in the future if I can get it for about 40% discount.

EnGee wrote: Yes exactly! I did that also and found it stated '30%' wrong. Anyway, I have bought another synth instead (which I'm going to use more). I might buy the full version of Thorn in the future if I can get it for about 40% discount.
What did you end up buying?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
EnGee wrote: Yes exactly! I did that also and found it stated '30%' wrong. Anyway, I have bought another synth instead (which I'm going to use more). I might buy the full version of Thorn in the future if I can get it for about 40% discount.
What did you end up buying?
I bought Antidote and Parsec2 later :D (Rack Extensions) as Reason is my main DAW now.

EnGee wrote:
EnochLight wrote: What did you end up buying?
I bought Antidote and Parsec2 later :D (Rack Extensions) as Reason is my main DAW now.
Nice! Those are decent Rack Extensions - I'm sure you'll enjoy them; I've had them for some time now.

I ended up picking up Thorn. I reached out to Dmitry, and he was very gracious. Couldn't say no to this synth, especially seeing as how he addressed my biggest complaint in the 1.03 update (Added support for preset switching with Up(Left) and Down(Right) arrow keys).

Anyone know of any 3rd party libraries for Thorn that I should look at? The factory presets are already pretty damn awesome, but there's not a lot.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:Made by legend :)
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/housema ... es/details
Thanks! I gave it a listen - not quite what I'm looking for.

Cheers

This Thorn soundset is more up my alley - wow!

http://touch-the-universe.com/serene-wo ... thorn.html

My Thorn is up for sale. $70.

Unfortunately it's not so kind on my 7 yo laptop CPU, so it "gathers dust in a drawer".
Cannot use it properly, so decided to part ways.

Make a thread here if you haven't already...
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43

this thread is really only for discussing the plugin itself.
cheers and good luck ;)

sqigls wrote:Make a thread here if you haven't already...
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43

this thread is really only for discussing the plugin itself.
cheers and good luck ;)
Ok, thanks, I just did
I will still follow this thread as Thorn CM occasional user :)

New version (1.08) is out.
http://dmitrysches.com/thorn-changelog

Steve1974 wrote:New version (1.08) is out.
http://dmitrysches.com/thorn-changelog
Cool; thanks for the post! Dmitry needs to have an auto-mailer or notification system setup to notify us of updates. I wouldn't have know had I not checked this thread. :dog:

EnochLight wrote: Cool; thanks for the post! Dmitry needs to have an auto-mailer or notification system setup to notify us of updates. I wouldn't have know had I not checked this thread. :dog:
I received the notification.
Maybe you just didn't confirm your subscritpion? Recently Dmitry sent the "GDPR" mails.

Steve1974 wrote: I received the notification.
Maybe you just didn't confirm your subscritpion? Recently Dmitry sent the "GDPR" mails.
Possibly. Anyway, I just subscribed from the website again, so hopefully I'll get future ones. Thanks! :party:

I'll try again: could we pretty please have a delay FX with the option to switch of the Sync and edit in milliseconds? Thanks.

Return to “Instruments”