TS404 clone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jbuonacc wrote:don't bother, 'Vier' is crap.

then again, i doubt 'TS404' was any better. might be perfect.
That bad ? How so?

TS404 was/is awesone
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

What was so special about it? I remember using it because nothing else came with Fruityloops 2.0. It wasn't a good sounding synth and the 3x Osc is an improvement in every way.

The Chase wrote:What was so special about it? I remember using it because nothing else came with Fruityloops 2.0. It wasn't a good sounding synth and the 3x Osc is an improvement in every way.
I think it sounds good. People like different things.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:

That bad ? How so?
from what i can remember it just wasn't very exciting (osc, filter, etc) and the FM sounded bad.

Sorry if it's too obvious, but wouldn't be possible to copy the file from an old FL version and use it in the current FL?

I used to use the standalone TS-404 a lot when I started in music production circa 2000. Since it's more or less a TB-303 clone, maybe you should try the TB4005 vsti. Super simple (maybe a little too much...) and free.

http://www.robotplanet.dk/audio/tb4005/

NO it's not .
If you have a a pair of decent ears , you'll notice that the filters and oscillators are verry high quality , especially the filters ( zdf ).
NO aliasing whatsover , audio rate modulation etc...
That being said , the overall execution of the plugin could be better , but it's primary intention was a clone of the doepfer ms404 , and they delivered that perfectly .
It's not for everyone , but saying it is crap is not doing it any justice
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:

NO it's not .
If you have a a pair of decent ears , you'll notice that the filters and oscillators are verry high quality , especially the filters ( zdf ).
That being said , the overall execution of the plugin could be better , but it's primary intention was a clone of the doepfer ms404 , and they delivered that perfectly .
It's not for everyone , but saying it is crap is not doing it any justice
+1

This is the one thing I despise about Image-Line. They're constantly killing off great stuff inside FL. For example, a while back they killed off many of the pre-computed effects. I'd used some of them for years and suddenly they were gone. They've just brought them back for the newest release, but I've been without them for a long time.

The ones that bother me more are TS404 as you've mentioned, and DX/DXi. I loved the sound and ease of use of Dreamstation and to this day, I'm missing it.

As for alternatives to TS404: I don't have any suggestions other than the Transistor Bass from IL. I've only messed around with the demo a handful of times but it's decent and inexpensive. I do think IL should have released it free for all FL users since they removed TS404...

gentleclockdivider wrote:
NO it's not .
If you have a a pair of decent ears , you'll notice that the filters and oscillators are very high quality , especially the filters ( zdf ).
the audio rate modulation specifically is what i remember being so bad. overall i don't remember it being anything special (osc, filter, etc), but that stuck out to me.

i remember forum member Zerocrossing had mentioned it, he's always talking about audio rate modulation being his benchmark for testing. after trying that i always wondered what he was hearing. i think he said he hadn't gotten that far with it, or something.

Russell Grand wrote:This is the one thing I despise about Image-Line. They're constantly killing off great stuff inside FL. For example, a while back they killed off many of the pre-computed effects. I'd used some of them for years and suddenly they were gone. They've just brought them back for the newest release, but I've been without them for a long time.

The ones that bother me more are TS404 as you've mentioned, and DX/DXi. I loved the sound and ease of use of Dreamstation and to this day, I'm missing it.

As for alternatives to TS404: I don't have any suggestions other than the Transistor Bass from IL. I've only messed around with the demo a handful of times but it's decent and inexpensive. I do think IL should have released it free for all FL users since they removed TS404...
This. FL Studio isnt what is used to be. Killing of TS404, whats next, Wasp and SimSynth?

Still my face daw though. :)

Btw about DX/DXi - im using DXShell for all of my DX/DXi stuff. Works flawlessly.

Its an old product. It wasnt killed it just was not updated and for good reason because only minority is using that synth and majority of newer generation dont give a crap about that ancient stuff. Updating stuff that does cost recources and why should IL assign those of a cost of reamped GUI or any other important feature just to please some of you guys? :evil:

P.s. this is very subjective but ts404 sounds like crap. It sounded in 2005 when i began my journey in to music and it sounds same now.

silikonanswer wrote:Hi,

TS404 was deprecated from FL Studio, does a similar alternative exist? Something super simple, and when I mean super simple I mean like the TS404 which was very basic.

Many thanks for the help!
If you load an old song that used TS404, does it load? Some hosts keep legacy synths and fx for old projects, but do not make them available to load in new projects. If it still loads, you can still use it.

Halonmusic wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:This is the one thing I despise about Image-Line. They're constantly killing off great stuff inside FL. For example, a while back they killed off many of the pre-computed effects. I'd used some of them for years and suddenly they were gone. They've just brought them back for the newest release, but I've been without them for a long time.

This. FL Studio isnt what is used to be. Killing of TS404, whats next, Wasp and SimSynth?

Still my face daw though. :)

Btw about DX/DXi - im using DXShell for all of my DX/DXi stuff. Works flawlessly.
Agreed, Halon. FL is still my favorite DAW too. :tu:

I was gonna check out DXShell but the only software I can find on the DXShell website is DXSpotter and DXPocket (for Android). Am I missing something? Is DXSpotter what I'm looking for (it doesn't look like it) or is what you're using called DXShell? Do you have a direct link to what you're using? Thanks in advance.

I really liked ts 404 , at high resoance settings it did show it weaknesses ..but who cares ?
It was great because you could modulate the parameters from the graph editor ...which luckily has been brought back
TS 4040 in action
https://soundcloud.com/gentleclockdivider/cuntycream
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Elektronisch wrote:Its an old product. It wasnt killed it just was not updated and for good reason because only minority is using that synth and majority of newer generation dont give a crap about that ancient stuff. Updating stuff that does cost recources and why should IL assign those of a cost of reamped GUI or any other important feature just to please some of you guys? :evil:

P.s. this is very subjective but ts404 sounds like crap. It sounded in 2005 when i began my journey in to music and it sounds same now.
Yeah yeah whatever. You dont like it, we get it. But some of us do like it and use it still.

Sounds like crap? No. Maybe you think so. :x

Return to “Instruments”