Synthmaster One vs. 2.9

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Recently got Synthmaster 2.9. What is the difference between 2.9 and One ? Are the same presets used ? I tried One and it does not seem to be the same presets but then I can't look at them all and compare.

Can One be considered a somewhat different synth offering different sounds ? Does the presets for One works for 2.9 ?

I have both. Initially Synthmaster One was the only one featuring wavetable mode, but it was later added to Synthmaster2 as well.
They certaintly share a lot of features, waveforms, filters and effects. The main differences, to me, are mainly:

- SM2 has the semi-modular architecture which allows you to place the 4 dedicated modulators in few different slots, altering the signal path configuration, which can result in unconventional type of sounds using phase modulation, frequency modulation and ring modulation

- SM2 has the "additive" and "vector" modes in the oscillator section

- SM2 has 2 layers, more oscillators, more waveforms, way more envelope generators, more lfos and modulation sources in general.

- SMOne has the Sylenth/Hive-like "all in one page" GUI which many people crave and are more comfortable programming on, especially for simpler patches. SM2 instead gives you a lot more options but on a multi-tab multi-pages somewhat less comfortable GUI, which depending on what you're programming, could be an overkill.

I might be wrong but I don't think SMOne can make sounds that SM2 can't produce, but SM2 can make sounds which SMOne definitely can't replicate.

I don't know anything about the presets compatibility thing though. But I'd guess they're not compatible.

Is Synthmaster One using less CPU than Synthmaster Player 2.9 ? Especially in an iOS device.

I have them on windows, they look very similar in terms of CPU usage when doing similar stuff.
Obviously Synthmaster2 is much more capable so patches can be more complex and require higher CPU power.

Return to “KV331 Audio”