Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Oh yes.
Curious about the fx section and the chance for different outs for slices...

waiting man wrote:Oh yes.
That would be pretty cool but think you'd probably need Geist 2 or similar for that, but then that's way more complex and currently about 3 times the price (or 5 if you already own two or more Hyakken plugs).

Nice plug for those that don't have Geist though, much simpler and faster workflow if lacking in the more advanced functionality, and you know it's going to be well supported and developed.

yeah, yeah I know.

Here's the FX section

Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

That FX section section looks very good.

Thanks for the plugin! I'm too stupid, I was not able to make it emit a sound in Studio One 4. Dragged a loop wave file. Sliced it. Defined numbers in the top row. Set all gain sliders to max. Played all possible?? notes . Tried different channels. Nothing.

As for UI and easier life (and what people -at least me- expect) I think, mouse scrollwheel should zoom to where it currently resides in the wave bar... instead of just moving the window left/right.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:Thanks for the plugin! I'm too stupid, I was not able to make it emit a sound in Studio One 4. Dragged a loop wave file. Sliced it. Defined numbers in the top row. Set all gain sliders to max. Played all possible?? notes . Tried different channels. Nothing.

As for UI and easier life (and what people -at least me- expect) I think, mouse scrollwheel should zoom to where it currently resides in the wave bar... instead of just moving the window left/right.
Well its a step sequencer, just load it up, set your slices in the step slice section
and press play in your DAW. Its really pretty awesome imho, although
you do have to mess with it a bit to figure out how to make it sound good.

*The step slice sets the play order of the slices and the step shape controls the movement
of the playhead as it plays through each slice. Everything else is pretty self explanatory.
I wish there were more options in the way of playback speed, but I can imagine that
is not so easy.

Another outstanding job Tadashi!

AU version(v1.0.16) has some problems, I just uploaded v1.0.17.
So if you have problem with AU version, please download latest one.

waiting man wrote:Oh yes.
Unfortunately this is not possible.
Maybe it is possible to add midi trigger for FX on/off.
tapiodmitriyevich wrote:Thanks for the plugin! I'm too stupid, I was not able to make it emit a sound in Studio One 4. Dragged a loop wave file. Sliced it. Defined numbers in the top row. Set all gain sliders to max. Played all possible?? notes . Tried different channels. Nothing.

Please check quick start.
https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-slicerwin-mac/
My studio one demo is expired, so I can't test on it.

Tadashi

hyakken wrote:Please check quick start.
https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-slicerwin-mac/
My studio one demo is expired, so I can't test on it.
It seems I tested it with the wrong samples, it cannot handle. Some decently length loops, from wave files, worked. I then dragged full tracks into the window (e.g. a 3 minutes mp3). It displays the new wave, but still plays the prior file. I have also observed it just playing very silent noise. Maybe it cannot interpret mp3 files?

hyakken wrote: Maybe it is possible to add midi trigger for FX on/off.
Or trigger the FX on/off thru the internal sequencer, while playing around with the FX was missing that option.
Say turn on reverb for step 5, bitcrush at step 13, etc.

When loading one shots with only one slice, im getting a sort of distortion/clipping and click sound at the end of the samples tail. Especially with things like 808 open hihats. Tried playing with levels and gain within the plugin. Happening both in logic and ableton. Hope it gets fixed cause it's an awesomely creative plugin.

I've heard many clicks; maybe the plugin could support here by auto correcting slice points to the nearest zero crossing... If that is the problem (idk).

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:I've heard many clicks; maybe the plugin could support here by auto correcting slice points to the nearest zero crossing... If that is the problem (idk).
Yes, could very well be.... It's would be a real pain zooming in to every slice to try and get it at the zero crossing though...

As for the audio quality output of the plugin, something seems off. I'm experiencing lots of ugly distortion while using it to trigger one shot samples. No matter how low I go with the input level, I can't get rid of it.....I know it's a loop slicer, but that shouldn't take away from using it as a one shot slice style sampler.

Could someone try using this bass shot sample and load it into HY Slicer and use it as 1 slice...I'm getting weird audio distortion/artifacts/clicking on the tail of loaded one shot samples, almost like it's clipping. I'm on high sierra and logic x 10.4. Trying to figure out if it's my setup or the plugin prior to purchasing it. Thanks

https://expirebox.com/download/accc0fa8 ... 72dde.html

Return to “Effects”