Empty sound bank after installing Proteus VX.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

haven't read all the posts here, but i remember last time i installed proteus it opened with a blank bank.

i don't recall the exact fix but i managed to get the bank to load from the gui.. iirc, you click (right click?) on one of the buttons used to select patches and a file box opens or something.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Hey guys,
I'm using win 10, Fl Studio. I finally got this plugin to work properly. Run your DAW as administrator, load your Proteus VX and click on library, lower right then have it search for banks presets, etc. Make sure you point it to where Creative Professional folder is installed. Reboot your DAW and you should be able to load banks and presets with no issues or crashes. Will hopefully work for most DAWs. Worked for me!

Hey guys,
I'm using win 10, Fl Studio. I finally got this plugin to work properly. Run your DAW as administrator, load your Proteus VX and click on library, lower right then have it search for banks presets, etc. Make sure you point it to where Creative Professional folder is installed. Reboot your DAW and you should be able to load banks and presets with no issues or crashes. Will hopefully work for most DAWs. Worked for me!

i got it working, literally just drag the bank and drop it on the vst

Checking this

It works ok for me as a plugin after I get it to load its sample bank.

The problem I have with it is that it can cause the daw to freeze and become unresponsive when it sometimes opens a user prompt window asking to save the contents of the sample memory. I have no way of getting to that window to press ok or cancel. Even alt-tabbing does nothing. :(
I avoid using it now because of this. A real shame as there are some awesome sounds inside it.

It wasn't always like this. This started happening a few years ago. Not sure if anyone has a way around it?

There is a windows trick for showing a hidden window. Might try Googling for it. Great plugin, wish they would open source it

functionform wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:04 pm There is a windows trick for showing a hidden window. Might try Googling for it. Great plugin, wish they would open source it
Thankyou! :tu:
Can't believe after all these years the solution was simply right click the task bar and click on one of the options for displaying all windows (like "show windows stacked"). :o

Been having play with some the sounds and they are even better than I remembered. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Proteus definitely needs open-sourcing.

Had an old track to mix, so I had to dig this puppy out.

Was fighting with until I ran the standalone as the admin and loaded the bank. Things seem to be working fine now.

It's a shame E-mu IP hasn't been modernized, amazing sonic palette.

Anyone know where the devs (specifically sound design) went?

Proteus VX & the soundbank are truly great, glad to see other folks think so. I can get it to work standalone in Windows 10, but I can't get the VST to show up in Ableton Live 10 :( Any tricks for getting this brilliant VST going? I already tried running Live as admin and it didn't fix it

edit: OK it seems the issue is 32 bit plugs don't work in Live 10 which only supports 64 bit. You can use wrappers like Bridgewize (demo version crashed Live 10) and jBridger (demo version worked :party: but crashes when closing the plug :dog:) So it looks like it's just not possible to use ProteusVX in Live10. It's a shame because the sounds are so extensive and unique and there's really not much like it...I wonder if there's a way to convert the library (the .exb files) and load them in another sampler or something...

Return to “Instruments”