Looking for atmospheric synth

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thorn is a great synth. I sure recommend it.

Personally, I like and use several synths for atmospheric pads. The last great one I purchased is LuSH 101 which has incredible pads. I'm not sure if it still discounted in JRR Shop though ($39 instead of $159!!)

EnGee wrote:Thorn is a great synth. I sure recommend it.

Personally, I like and use several synths for atmospheric pads. The last great one I purchased is LuSH 101 which has incredible pads. I'm not sure if it still discounted in JRR Shop though ($39 instead of $159!!)
Thanks a lot! I will try it out.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Check this link: https://www.ableton.com/en/one-thing/

Scroll down to "Sampling tails" by Kenny Segal and within less than a minute you've learned a new cool way to create lush atmospheric pad sounds. :)

NI Absynth could be an option

EnGee wrote:Thorn is a great synth. I sure recommend it.

Diversion is much better for atmospheric sounds than Thorn is, when talking about Dmitry Sches synths, at least in my opionion.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

There are many synths that can produce atmospheric pads really! Even those synths that not famous for doing so like Sylenth1. It all depends on sound design and/or playing the pads and changing parameters while playing that gives interesting movements.

elassi wrote:Check this link: https://www.ableton.com/en/one-thing/

Scroll down to "Sampling tails" by Kenny Segal and within less than a minute you've learned a new cool way to create lush atmospheric pad sounds. :)
Thanks! That was indeed a very cool trick! :tu:
Go MuLab!

EnGee wrote:There are many synths that can produce atmospheric pads really! Even those synths that not famous for doing so like Sylenth1. It all depends on sound design and/or playing the pads and changing parameters while playing that gives interesting movements.
Yes, I get that thanks to all replies this thread is getting. :)

I must say though that some synths seem like they were made for this thing, like the HG Fortune ones. I think this thread must be a great source of hints by now for anyone looking for these sounds.
Go MuLab!

I would recommend:

- Feldspar (Contralogic)
- Eclipsis (VST Zone)

Both of them have great capabilities in modulating the sound over time. The are both free and lightweight.

ttsakonas wrote:I would recommend:

- Feldspar (Contralogic)
- Eclipsis (VST Zone)

Both of them have great capabilities in modulating the sound over time. The are both free and lightweight.
Thanks! They are both only 32 bit and I try to stay in 64. I am now using layered pads in XPand!2 and use some fx to make them evolve, plus Subspace to get shimmer without mud. Works very well
Go MuLab!

You'll probably like Omnisphere, though there is no free trial that I'm aware of. I didn't like it for EDM styles, but it's a good and powerful synthesizer program. If you have the time, and there is a guitar center near you, give them a call and ask if they have omnisphere set up in their pro-audio department.

Try-Harder wrote:Omnisphere 2... You won't stop crying after your wallet weeps..
Haha that’s right! I really wanna have it but it’s really expensive. You need a lot of time to lean it!

inkwarp wrote:Alchemy.
...if you have Logic.

I would highly recommend Aparillo from Sugar Bytes - creates some really unique atmospheres/pads

https://www.sugar-bytes.de/aparillo

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”