Show us your NFR! (No sample libraries)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently found out, my newly bought Komplete is NFR. I got it by upgrading the free Sennheiser Kontakt drum library to the full Kontakt, and then upgrading to Komplete all within the 50% summer sale. I don't mind its NFR, that way I got it for almost half the price and I want to keep it anyway...
Though they could have told me before...

All my freeware is NFR. :?

@TJ Shredder: I think NI put a two month hold on new products in an account but they can be sold after that.

jsp1979 wrote:@TJ Shredder: I think NI put a two month hold on new products in an account but they can be sold after that.
Yes. After some time they will remove the restriction to sell.

Ah, good to know, that makes sense...

My wife is NFR. :tu:

Ableton Live 10

I won it in the last KVR charity auction, and the fact that the money went to people in need really adds to the value of the software for me.

martinjuenke wrote:My wife is NFR. :tu:
Didn't read the small print?
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

martinjuenke wrote:My wife is NFR. :tu:
Should i insist on EU jurisdiction now? :roll:

I've picked up quite a lot of NFR plugs over the years in exchange for demos, sample sets and in some cases the generosity of the dev. The only one's I paid for were Poly-Ana, Scamp and a second-hand Ohmicide. :)

Maybe it is time to start a thread "How many plugs have you paid for?!" to see who is paying for his/her plugins! It seems half of the KVR members are beta testers! How could the developers survive then?! :hihi:

The only beta testing I did is for Air Instruments and Avenger. I've got NFR licenses for Air's instruments but I have already bought them, so I had two licenses actually! Anyway, I don't have any of them now as I'm not beta testing for any software :)
Oh and Avenger license was temporary for beta testers, so no one got a permanent license unless paid for it.

The two months restriction for NI is only for the automated system. You can still contact support to transfer your stuffs even before 2 months.

EnGee wrote:...Avenger license was temporary for beta testers, so no one got a permanent license unless paid for it.
That‘s a pretty generous business strategy!

No comment 8)

I got a couple of things that I won that are NFR

Synapse Audio Hydra
IK Multimedia Syntronik (it's a shame, cause I can't upgrade this to the newer version, I'd have to crossgrade)

Of course, my Cakewalk stuff
Rapture, Dimension Pro, Z3ta+

Synapse Audio Orion Platinum

And of course ALL of my sample libraries. However, I don't think of trying to sell any of it. It all comes in handy at some point.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Instruments”