The ONE Waves plugin you cannot be without

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

C4. Or maybe Rvox. I still use mostly waves for simple mixing tasks.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Zexila wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:There is no Waves plugin I cannot be without :tu:
+1

Same here - but ONLY because there is not a single plugin in the world that I can not be without, so that is in NO WAY any indication of the quality or useability of Waves' plugins (which is great for the most of them) - whatever else you guys try to insinuate here.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Guy: Hey Picasso! So...let me ask you something brother...what's the one color you can't live without?

Picasso: If I'm painting a forest, green. If it's the sky, blue. If it's fire, red. If it's a landscape, all of them.

Now, tell us again, what's the one Waves plugin you can't live without.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

If I had to state the one I tend to use the most, it would be the SSL bus compressor. Really taken to this thing.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Spent years not owning any of them. Now I own about four. Soon i will own none, again.

There is no Waves plugin I cannot be without :tu:
Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!
I used to think I was extraordinary, but later discovered I was just abnormal :shrug:
Better to be abnormal than to be boring...
Oh, I'm Hella-boring :lol:
As long as your music isn’t that...

Mathematics wrote:Guy: Hey Picasso! So...let me ask you something brother...what's the one color you can't live without?

Picasso: If I'm painting a forest, green. If it's the sky, blue. If it's fire, red. If it's a landscape, all of them.

Now, tell us again, what's the one Waves plugin you can't live without.
That analogy is completely flawed - the correct one would be: "what's the one colour of that specific paint manufacturer that you can not paint without?" (which would be a rather silly question, would it not?)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Lol. Ok, sure.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

not sure if i can't do without any waves these days... but if you were askin' which i use the most from the waves line... it would be a toss up between Kramer Tape and Doubler. used to love a bunch of waves but over the years there are things better in some regards but i still love the openness of the Kramer Tape and there are things i get out of the Doubler that i can't seem to get from other plugs. cheers

p.s. but i still like the Q10 EQ for notching duties
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Personally I use Saphira and MetaFilter on most projects... and J37 is a damn fine Tape Delay and more...

PRS Supermodels are also fantastic, H-Reverb a really nice and very versatile reverb plugin and so forth.

At least all the newer Waves plugins do mostly bug-free exactly what they say on the tin with a great sound-quality quality and with a well-laid out and highly functional GUI - whatever else the nay-sayers may pretend - and yet you regularly get each of these for 29$ - not 299$ like those highly overrated Softube plugins people love to sing the praise of.

I have used Cobalt Sephira on every project I’ve worked n since I’ve bought it. And I’ve also used Torque on every mix I’ve done for other people since it was released (its amazing at tightening up drums especially in combination with a multiband transient processor) I’ve taken some seriously damaged goods and gotten them sounding damn respectable with Torque > MTransientMB. The ability to dig down into already “mixed” material has gotten pretty spectacular in recent years. I work with pop and hip hop acts often who don’t have any access to the multitracks of their “beats” and what I can do to straighten them out now compared to just 2 or 3 years ago is night and day. Also for most use cases it’s waves products that let me do this.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Doubler is the one that a) I use all the time b) doesn't have a drop-in replacement option. Yes it's possible to achieve the same result other ways, but Doubler has superior workflow.

Puigtec is essential and used a lot, but there are drop-in alternatives.

This is tough... one plugin?? I guess it will have to be something unique to them like Cobalt Saphira, PRS Supermodels, Abbey Road Vinyl, F6 or the dbx compressor. The last two arent exactly exclusive there just aren’t that many viable options around.

You get the idea...

Return to “Effects”