What's your go-to Master Limiter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Thanks to those who gave T-RackS Stealth Limiter a shout out. Glad to hear you're getting great results with it.
I gave it a shout out but it's also missing some stuff. We've discussed this earlier. It's a good limiter but could probably find a lot more users if certain aspects are improved.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Thanks to those who gave T-RackS Stealth Limiter a shout out. Glad to hear you're getting great results with it.
I personaly think it is simply the best at this moment. At least i get the best/desired results out from all top rated i have tried (Ozone 8, Limitless, Fabfilter Pro-l2 ect ect).

Also i have to mention ONE plugin is pretty amazing also at pushing the mix to the limits wich makes standart T-Racks 5 a very good mastering software package. And if you grab it on 50% sale that was last month, its a no brainer.

Despite IKM sometimes giving not very favorable pricing for existing users i decided to give a go and got T-Racks 5 Max bundle and i love it. One of the best purchases i did.

I just hope IKM will add MP3 export support wich in my last expierience would have saved me so much time.

Also wouldnt mind the ability to add other vsts (like ozone 8 has).

Oh and p.s.

Peter i think you should notify the team about some strange bug in Classic Clipper regarding CPU usage. T-racks Version 5 Clipper on Idle uses 9% of CPU while previous version (i think 4) doesnt use at all, shows 0%. And when there is a playback while Clipper (v4) does not use CPU at all version 5 uses 12%.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elektronisch wrote:
Oh and p.s.

Peter i think you should notify the team about some strange bug in Classic Clipper regarding CPU usage. T-racks Version 5 Clipper on Idle uses 9% of CPU while previous version (i think 4) doesnt use at all, shows 0%. And when there is a playback while Clipper (v4) does not use CPU at all version 5 uses 12%.
That's interesting. I didn't really notice that until you mentioned it. I actually had a different issue with the Classic Clipper such that it just randomly turned itself down and did some other funky oddness. This only happened once and I can't replicate it. Just chiming in since you mentioned about the CPU usage. I already opened a troubleshoot ticket with IKM per Peter's suggestion. I'm sure it was probably just a fluke, but that CPU hit...I'd like to know more about that because I use the Clipper on just about every one of my EDM projects now since I got TR5.

I think it would be safe to assume the hit is probably relative. I'm running a hefty 7th Gen i7 and I'm not getting quite a hit, but considering the oversampling it does...perhaps the extra clock cycles are for processing that? In idle though? Maybe there's something they intended going on under the hood?
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Vortifex wrote:Do any of the T-Racks limiters besides Stealth have true peak functionality?
Good question!

I don't think they do.

MogwaiBoy wrote:
Vortifex wrote:Do any of the T-Racks limiters besides Stealth have true peak functionality?
Good question!

I don't think they do.
Someone forgot about the Classic Clipper :) (wich was mentioned above :P )

Mathematics wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
Oh and p.s.

That's interesting. I didn't really notice that until you mentioned it. I actually had a different issue with the Classic Clipper such that it just randomly turned itself down and did some other funky oddness. This only happened once and I can't replicate it. Just chiming in since you mentioned about the CPU usage. I already opened a troubleshoot ticket with IKM per Peter's suggestion. I'm sure it was probably just a fluke, but that CPU hit...I'd like to know more about that because I use the Clipper on just about every one of my EDM projects now since I got TR5.

I think it would be safe to assume the hit is probably relative. I'm running a hefty 7th Gen i7 and I'm not getting quite a hit, but considering the oversampling it does...perhaps the extra clock cycles are for processing that? In idle though? Maybe there's something they intended going on under the hood?
You did that today/yesterday? Great! wount need to do that (althought maybe i should haha) :)

Im runing my oldie i7 4790k wich is still great for music production, but that 12% jump from 0 is quite a hit, especialy consider that clipper is a decade old. There must be some bug for sure, because soundwise it does not sound different from V4. I also checked CPU usage on Studio One because it shows the CPU use of each plugin. But the quite significant CPU hit can also be seen on FL Studio too.

Sonnox Limeter

Despite the positive feedback I've seen for the Newfangled Audio plugins lately, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Elevate.

Has anybody mentioned the fabulous Tokyo Dawn Labs Limiter already?

martinjuenke wrote:Has anybody mentioned the fabulous Tokyo Dawn Labs Limiter already?
If I haven't already, then i'll state here that it's by far my favourite.

martinjuenke wrote:Has anybody mentioned the fabulous Tokyo Dawn Labs Limiter already?
It's been mentioned at least a few times before this page. :)

Tappistry wrote:
It's been mentioned at least a few times before this page. :)
Okay, well done, Guys!
It deserves so...

DDMF NoLimits. I love that thing. The lovely subtle saturation always works as a perfect finishing touch.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Effects”