Propellerhead Reason Rewards... talk about desperate and unappealing.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Clearly Props should just ditch the DAW and make the rack a VST plugin :P

Psuper wrote:
pekbro wrote:I love Reason, it might not be the best DAW for a lot of stuff, but IMHO it's
one of the most fun to use. I certainly think any chance for me to save money is
always good. Although, TBH, I rarely buy stuff from the shop except during a good sale
anyway, and then only utilities and effects. Not into the instruments for some reason,
even though I know there are some good ones.
Absolutely. Just these fanboys who apparently rabidly follow me around hate hearing any criticism, they want people to pretend everything is peachy and amazing which its clearly debatable. Honesty about these poor decisions from Propellerhead is the only thing that will make it better for their users and their bottom line, not pretendland.
The only one pretending anything here, is you.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Psuper wrote:Absolutely. Just these fanboys who apparently rabidly follow me around hate hearing any criticism, they want people to pretend everything is peachy and amazing which its clearly debatable. Honesty about these poor decisions from Propellerhead is the only thing that will make it better for their users and their bottom line, not pretendland.
If you refer to me as a fanboy, you're nothing else than a troll, but I think most of the people in this forum knew that already. The only reason you even signed up on this forum was to complain about Propellerhead. What does that say about you? Any ideas?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:
Psuper wrote:Absolutely. Just these fanboys who apparently rabidly follow me around hate hearing any criticism, they want people to pretend everything is peachy and amazing which its clearly debatable. Honesty about these poor decisions from Propellerhead is the only thing that will make it better for their users and their bottom line, not pretendland.
If you refer to me as a fanboy, you're nothing else than a troll, but I think most of the people in this forum knew that already. The only reason you even signed up on this forum was to complain about Propellerhead. What does that say about you? Any ideas?
What an assumption boy you are, you figured it all out!

You just showed your hand that you are a RT user still butthurt that I didn't tow the line of hivemind, and probably proved you wrong a time or two, as I did often with many, which is fine. If you crave pure 'horray' spin you won't find it here, especially by me.

If propellerhead and fannies want my approval, work for it. If you don't care about my opinion, why are you even responding unless you, in fact, are the troll.?

Throwing a million "ads" at me, or trying to entice me with some lame "Rewards" dollars, or whatever other silly notion won't work -- make us WANT IT. And you do that by improving the platform which for the most part they did 5+ years ago. Reason is going to disappear or become insignificant if they continue down the road they're headed, listening to you fannies talking about how gushy you are that they graced you with another synth that does the same thing as 100s of synths on the market, or blesses you with some minor feature that is touted as major, yet small potato stuff that other DAW manufacturers would include in a consistent monthly list of dozens.

You don't give a shit about Reason. I do.
Have you tried Vital?

TL;DR
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Banned on Reasontalk. Trolling on KVR. Who would have thought?

Ah yes. We're doing this again. I haven't seen a good banning in a while. Hopefully we're looking at the clock, and not the calendar on this one. I'll go gather up the kids...
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

@Psuper:
Every time I look at the pic you posted I smile! We have the same PC case (the same colour even!). I love this case, so quiet. Your setup is also similar to mine! But till here the similarities end I think :hihi:

I love my main DAWs even more now (Cubase and Reason). It is the setup what's important in my opinion, and I mean the workplace and hardware/software configuration. As I chose Cubase and Reason to be my main DAWs (really can't decide, so I stayed with the two!), I began to think about the best setup. After some trial and error (costs money!), I finally feel comfortable with my setup.

The main things are 32" 1080p monitor and nanoKontrol2! The budget gaming monitor I bought recently is really great (especially for the price). It is not colour accurate at all, but for home, gaming and sequencing is really great! Reason looks good but still Thor is not big enough, anyway, I don't think I can get bigger unless I go 40" 1080p TV which I don't have space or will to have.

Korg nanoKontrol2 controls the Transport and mixer in both Cubase and Reason with the same configuration! No need to switch between them! It is really a great match with Cubase first then Reason.

Now combine this with the function keys and I even don't need the other monitor as using the PC keyboard with both nanoKontrol and microKey is a great workflow. I just need to get used to it to be more efficient.

I still have my Casio PX-5S connected when I need a full weighted 88 keys and more knobs and sliders to control. I also have the second old monitor connected (27" 1080p). So, with all that I can't ask for more! Of course I'm old fashioned when it comes to recording (not very!), and what I mean is I like to lay some beats then play some melodies/chords and practice little bit before recording, then recording in midi (even with the Casio DP, midi first then audio). Then I edit when it needed. I find Reason great for midi recording/editing. The modulation is recorded fine also and similar to old Cubase (lines not curves), but I don't have a problem with that as well.

Let's make some music better ;)

Psuper wrote:I'm getting further and further away from it
Sorry to hear that Reason is not living up to your preferences and standards.

Maybe it's about time to take the step forward and move on to another DAW?

EnGee wrote:@Psuper:
Every time I look at the pic you posted I smile! We have the same PC case (the same colour even!). I love this case, so quiet. Your setup is also similar to mine! But till here the similarities end I think :hihi:

I love my main DAWs even more now (Cubase and Reason). It is the setup what's important in my opinion, and I mean the workplace and hardware/software configuration. As I chose Cubase and Reason to be my main DAWs (really can't decide, so I stayed with the two!), I began to think about the best setup. After some trial and error (costs money!), I finally feel comfortable with my setup.

The main things are 32" 1080p monitor and nanoKontrol2! The budget gaming monitor I bought recently is really great (especially for the price). It is not colour accurate at all, but for home, gaming and sequencing is really great! Reason looks good but still Thor is not big enough, anyway, I don't think I can get bigger unless I go 40" 1080p TV which I don't have space or will to have.

Korg nanoKontrol2 controls the Transport and mixer in both Cubase and Reason with the same configuration! No need to switch between them! It is really a great match with Cubase first then Reason.

Now combine this with the function keys and I even don't need the other monitor as using the PC keyboard with both nanoKontrol and microKey is a great workflow. I just need to get used to it to be more efficient.

I still have my Casio PX-5S connected when I need a full weighted 88 keys and more knobs and sliders to control. I also have the second old monitor connected (27" 1080p). So, with all that I can't ask for more! Of course I'm old fashioned when it comes to recording (not very!), and what I mean is I like to lay some beats then play some melodies/chords and practice little bit before recording, then recording in midi (even with the Casio DP, midi first then audio). Then I edit when it needed. I find Reason great for midi recording/editing. The modulation is recorded fine also and similar to old Cubase (lines not curves), but I don't have a problem with that as well.

Let's make some music better ;)
Ya its a great setup and the system is just killer, I even removed the specter patch yet still have no reason to overclock due to killer performance.

As I said I primarily use Reason and Reaper, with Reaper taking over where I spend most of my time recently. Reason has the same things going for it which it always has, primarily its pure fun to toy with - and that's both its appeal and downfall - its far more a toy and far less a serious DAW these days. Reasons' pitch editor is pretty killer but I don't use it as a retake is far better for me, and the vocoder setups I have frankly I don't see any other app being able to do as efficiently.

And once again I'll make this very clear to the swath of people who cannot bother to comprehend or read, or do and just prefer trolling: I love Reason, I want it to succeed, I praise what Props do well, and criticize what they don't, all in an effort to keep it on the track I know it needs to go.

If you don't agree with me, great, tell us why, or dont! However a good portion of people who respond to me are bitter people (many spillovers from "Gushy-only-allowed" RT) who have zero clue how to make Reason more appealing anyway, or angry that I'm right most of the time. I haven't seen a single response disagreeing with my post, just a couple agreements and the rest just haters with zero substance.
Last edited by Psuper on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have you tried Vital?

Ladies, please!!

Psuper wrote:I love Reason, I want it to succeed...
love
ləv/
noun
an intense feeling of deep affection.

Thread title:
Psuper wrote:Propellerhead Reason Rewards... talk about desperate and unappealing.
hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

There was a reason you were banned at the other forum. This is it. It's one thing to have feature requests, it's another to join a forum with the sole purpose of denegrating a company. There are a few things I cannot stand about Reason for years now. I've come to grips with the fact that they will never change them and that's fine, it's their decision . I need to do what I got to do. Brooding over what Reason could be, should be, is a waste of time. When these missing features and shortcomings rear their ugly heads while trying to commit extented time in Reason, I go back home to Cubase until I cool down. I really dig reason but I realize it cannot be my end-all-be-all solution, but it is totally awesome for certain things and for what it is, it is a beautifully designed program. Switch DAW's if it's that big of a problem. Shouting from the rooftops over and over is not going to move their asses any faster. Simple.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

inkwarp wrote:Ladies, please!!
Shut up Margaret!
:hihi:

Just drop reason and use something else.
dedication to flying

Why they can't invent some sort of occasional psychopath test for forum members. You know some sort of bricks or questions. And then ban these crazies for life.

And why i am under impression this is not his first account...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”