Observance - the indie rokk

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some new shite. No real verses or chorus; a few hopefully related bits stuck together (including a bit of an early New Order ripof..homage at the end).

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/don ... rvance.mp3

Used my new vocaloids - 'slightly bored sounding attempted crooner through speaker simulator', and, 'desperate northern monkey trying to hit the high notes'.

Includes a sinthesiser.

Kind of a cross between Eric Clapton and Pete Townsend. Vocals aren't very clear in spots but it doesn't matter. You could probably sing the dictionary and it'll sound good.

Would like to hear you go into a studio with a bunch of pros at the controls and see if you can't come out with a release that hits the charts. Kind of boggles my mind how there are some people here who just do this for fun and nothing else. I'm assuming that in your case but I could be wrong. I'm kind of hoping I'm wrong because if you can't have success in this business then I might as well just sell all my stuff right now.

wagtunes wrote:Kind of a cross between Eric Clapton and Pete Townsend. Vocals aren't very clear in spots but it doesn't matter. You could probably sing the dictionary and it'll sound good.

Would like to hear you go into a studio with a bunch of pros at the controls and see if you can't come out with a release that hits the charts. Kind of boggles my mind how there are some people here who just do this for fun and nothing else. I'm assuming that in your case but I could be wrong. I'm kind of hoping I'm wrong because if you can't have success in this business then I might as well just sell all my stuff right now.
Cheers! Oh it's definitely just for fun - far too old and lazy for anything else, plus if you're not trying to write for a commercial 'market' it gives you the freedom to toss out any old dross without having to worry about trends etc. It's a young man's/woman's game....

On the song, I usually need to go back and adjust vocal automation/levels after a bit of time to have some perspective, and this one will be no different.

Enjoyment....hmm, family meal in Rochdale this afternoon.... :scared:

some nice bits and bobs herein , but not really coalescing ...
i loved the chord change starting at .27 , but it was never reprised ...
your vocal seemed adrift ...
perhaps a wee dram , or two , before trying this again ...

still and all , eminently listenable ...

The fist time I listened to this, a few days ago, it sounded a little disjointed, which may have been a result of reading your "hopefully related bits stuck together" observation.

I've played it a three or four times tonight and it's definitely sounding more coherent and catchy as it becomes more familiar.

Good work :)

Sounds familiar in style but a pretty decent song. For me, it was difficult to make out the words on this one.

I enjoyed this muchly, yes the mix could be improved, however its like a nice glass of eau de vie, easy to enjoy more and more after the first taste :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

nice mix and sung. very organic

I enjoyed this. It has a particular mood that I find appealing. I didn't mind the lack of choruses. I agree the vox could be clearer.

Return to “Music Cafe”