Does Anyone Know where To Find A Plugin With Ambient Sounds For Ambient Trap??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I was looking around for a plugin that would be good for the "Ambient Trap" genre. Can't really find anything I liked so I wondered if you guys might know a few helpful places??

Which plug-ins did you try that you didn't like and why?

Well, I only have Kontakt 5 for right now and looking for a change I'm looking for something with ambient pads and other instruments. Do you know of any?

To me it sounds like you are not that much into sound design yourself, so I would recommend a rompler, like Nexus, Lethal or Heat Up. That way you could also buy additional expansions that would suit your needs :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

You can't find ambient sounds for Kontakt, really?

Well I'm gonna get Hexagon Skies instead because usually I would use Kontakt 5 for things like guitars and pianos but I found Hexagon Skies and it sounds very chill and ambient.

I don’t know anything about ambient trap, but Hexagon Skies is based on the Boards of Canada sound. If you want to do pads with that sort of sound, I would just try throwing some random samples of your own into Kontakt. Make short loops or timestretch them. Use a lowpass filter to get rid of high frequencies. Put a slow amplitude envelope on it to make it sound like a pad and apply liberal doses of delay and reverb. For that wobbly out of tune Boards of Canada sound, apply a slow LFO to pitch modulation in small amounts. Experiment with different source samples, even just random bits of sound you record on your phone. Try layering a few of them together. You’ll end up with very interesting ambient pads, and the process will be way more rewarding than simply loading up patches from someone else who did exactly the same thing for you.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Instruments”