ES-8 Glitch in DAW w/ 4.40 Drivers

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Os,

I've been beta testing an oscillator module and thought I was simply getting dropouts from it. So I ran a different oscillator into my DAW (Bitwig 2.3.1 on Windows 10) and recorded for an extended period as I had with the other. After about 20 minutes I saw the DAW timeline windows freeze for a fraction of a second producing a dropout in the recording.

I rebooted the entire system and still dropouts persisted.

I had recently installed CCleaner and so I removed it thinking it may be causing a system interrupt, nope.

Next thing were the drivers for the ES-8 as I'd fairly recently updated to 4.40, I downgraded to 3.40 and for the past 31 minutes I've been recording without a glitch at all.

I'm about to update to 4.11 which I still have on my drive and that had been running perfectly since I first installed them.

I obviously cannot be certain that it's the 4.40 drivers yet prior to returning to 4.11 and then maybe once again updating to 4.40 again and verifying if the problem returns.

Just ran a 40 minute test using 4.11 and recorded a clean signal without one dropout or freeze.

Thanks for the report. The older drivers do seem to work better on some systems.

A month and a half later I returned to 4.40 now on Bitwig 2.3.2 and right at about 20 minutes experienced a dropout. Back to 4.11 I go.

Noticed that you'd posted ES-8 drivers version 4.47 and so I tried them out. I'm using Bitwig 2.3.5 and everything else is the same, ASIO4ALL, Win10, UA Apollo Twin, etc., and after a number of tests up to 32 minutes I've not experienced a dropout.

Thanks for letting us know.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”