Linux: Reaper doesn't find TAL VSTs

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

First of all thanks very much to TAL for releasing linux-versions. That´s so insanely great :party:

I´m running Reaper (and VCV Rack) on two linux machines (xubuntu), my desktop and my notebook. On the desktop, everything works as expected, but on the notebook, Reaper doesn't find the plugins, VCV reports an error while trying to load.

Maybe my notebook lacks some dependencies, what´s required for running TAL-plugins on linux?

gotcha. installing waveform solved the problem. thanks :)

Is this a dependency issue or a reaper issue? I too have tried to get the experimental Linux version of Bassline101 working in Reaper with no luck. I downloaded and installed the most recent Waveform free to see if that satisfied some dependencies that were missing, nope!

Any tips?

Nor will the linux version open in waveform free

I've solved my own problem. These plugins require up to date glibc and libcurl libraries with ssl support, I didn't have it.

Run the command "ldd - d filename.so" from the directory containing the preset and it will tell you if you are missing any dependencies for the plugin. Hope that helps any future folks needing it. Great plugins!

Have you tried Bitwig?

I have not, I quite like reaper as a daw. If you mean, however, have I tried bitwig with this plugin then there's no need. I solved my problem.

Return to “TAL Software”