MDrummer in Reaper plays forever

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using MDrummer in Reaper. When I play a beat using a MIDI note, MDrummer keeps playing – forever – until I trigger one of its disabled notes, or show the plugin UI and press the play button so it's no longer highlighted.

I would expect pressing the Stop button in Reaper to be enough, or if that doesn't work then sending "all notes off" should.

Is there a trick I'm missing? I know lots of other people are using MDrummer in Reaper.

I get a lot of hanging notes in Reaper with Melda. Also in MSF.

Hmmm, could you make some project or video or something so I can check it out? (both of you :) )
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'm getting same issue with the hanging notes with every synth plugin in Reaper, so I don't think it's an issue with Melda plugins at all, but with Reaper only.

Regarding the never ending beats with MDrummer: This depends how you trigger the beat. If you trigger Mdrummer by pressing a note within a midi event, then it's like you would press the play button in Mdrummer, therefore you need to stop it by the same as well. If you are controlling your beats via midi events within Reaper and you push the play button in Reaper to do Mdrummer its work, then it should work without any conflicts.

What I myself didn't figure out yet, is, how to make a silent break within a song without using one of the outro beats and without programming a silent beat. Let me know the trick, if you got one :)
Last chance

I get hanging notes in reaper too. Not sure what the deal is.

Tyrs: There's the "Stop" command, I assume it is what you are asking for. Highest octave. Anyways make sure you have the newest version, just released 14.08 update.

As for hanging notes - it actually happens in all DAWs from time to time, depending on the controllers etc. Simply put, the plugin needs to accept all MIDI notes it receives. But there are many "problem cases" - e.g. imagine you have a note off followed by the note on, both at the same timestamp and same note. This is okay, unless something somewhere changes the order, and it becomes noteon -> noteoff. And sadly there are many cases like that. Sometimes it can even happen if you have some MIDI through active, or multiple inputs getting the same controller... duplicate messages...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Vojtech, many thanks for the hint. Also clear explanation reg. hanging notes.
Last chance

Return to “MeldaProduction”