Output file is silence, kinda...

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello! Just started using this great-looking software. Looks super promising for what I want to accomplish. However, I feel stuck right off the bat. My audio output files are silent. Or a kind of poppy silence upon playing/stopping. Track: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10WsRqE ... sp=sharing

Thoughts?

This poppy silence is usually what happens when there are NaNs somewhere in the computations ("not-a-number", like what you get when you divide by zero). Can you tell me more about the input, if you did anything to it, what synthesis mode you were using (lossless mode on or off, live synthesis on or off).
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Hi! Starting fresh and simple for troubleshooting purposes. Set UI to default values. I load an image file. It comes up in the preview, no problem. Audio plays through in the Photosounder viewer through my default speakers. I save/output to WAV or AIF file. The file created is not at all like the previewed audio in the app. When I go to play the file in any audio player (adobe audition, QT, VLC, etc.), silence is heard but a maxed-out sound meter is seen.

Oh... and lossless turned off. Live Synth is turned on.

Oh I remember now. I guess you're using version 1.10.1? I think I fixed it in the latest beta (1.11). Exporting a sound doesn't work if live synth is turned on. I suggest using the beta.

I am using the beta. v1.11.0 ... Tried to save to WAV with live synth turned off. File still exports silence: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jM8nrA ... sp=sharing

Something doesn't add up, it seems impossible to me that trying all these different things would result in this, mostly if the in-app playback is fine. Could you please record your screen (using something like OBS Studio) as you launch Photosounder and do every operation? Thank you!

Got it. Sent you a private message with screen recorder link. Let me know if you can view no problem. Thank you!

Return to “Photosounder”