Save Presets of Individual Sections?

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m very interested to learn how to save presets of individual sections (Oscillator, Filter, FX, Envelope, ARP, etc) but I don’t know where to look for this information. I am trying to use a preset where I have assigned the ADSR Attack Time to the Mod Wheel using Midi learn and it works well, but SM2 iOS does not remember Midi Learn when relaunched inside Cubasis3 and I have to keep re-activating Midi Learn before I can use this feature.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

I forgot to mention that the ability to “Save Presets of Individual Sections” was the 1st item in the list of new features in the latest SM2 iOS 1.0.4 update.

multicube wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:44 am I forgot to mention that the ability to “Save Presets of Individual Sections” was the 1st item in the list of new features in the latest SM2 iOS 1.0.4 update.
Greetings, if you click on the tool icon in the upper left corner of each section, you can save / load operations from the menu that appears.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Gercek,
Thanks for that info, I have tried using “save preset settings” but you are then required to reload them manually each time the project is launched, so unfortunately this method has not solved the problem I am trying to overcome.
I have loaded the preset BT mighty saws (mw+pb), I have assigned the Mod Wheel to ADSR Attack Time using Midi Learn (preset).
I would like the Attack Time to vary throughout the project that I am working on. Using Midi Learn with cc1 to control Attack is a great way of doing this otherwise I would have to duplicate this preset several times for each Attack setting, these presets would then be saved in a different folder which can be very confusing when trying to keep track of what preset is where? SM2 will not remember Midi Learn when relaunched inside Cubasis3. Is there anyway Midi Learn can be remembered without having to manually re-assign each separate parameter, I would never be able to remember all the parameters that I would like to assign.
I eagerly await your hopefully helpful reply :hyper:

multicube wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:10 pm Hi Gercek,
Thanks for that info, I have tried using “save preset settings” but you are then required to reload them manually each time the project is launched, so unfortunately this method has not solved the problem I am trying to overcome.
I have loaded the preset BT mighty saws (mw+pb), I have assigned the Mod Wheel to ADSR Attack Time using Midi Learn (preset).
I would like the Attack Time to vary throughout the project that I am working on. Using Midi Learn with cc1 to control Attack is a great way of doing this otherwise I would have to duplicate this preset several times for each Attack setting, these presets would then be saved in a different folder which can be very confusing when trying to keep track of what preset is where? SM2 will not remember Midi Learn when relaunched inside Cubasis3. Is there anyway Midi Learn can be remembered without having to manually re-assign each separate parameter, I would never be able to remember all the parameters that I would like to assign.
I eagerly await your hopefully helpful reply :hyper:
Greetings again,

It's weird that some problems didn't come up while we were testing and we couldn't reproduce it =D Could you please try to do global midi learn while doing midi learn in Cubase? In this way, when you open the project again, you will see that the midi learns have not changed.

Meanwhile, you can save the start and end settings of individual sections and assign midi learn or modulation to them. To give an example: Complete the initial settings of ADSR 1, then go to the ADSR Settings section and copy this, then set the final setting you want ADSR 1 to be. When you go to the Settings section, you will see the "Modulate changed parameters with" feature.
Hope these can help you.
All the best
Gercek

Thank you Gercek,
I tried both of your methods, firstly I assigned Mod Wheel to Attack with Midi Learn (Global) and it works perfectly, SM2 still remembers after relaunching, the only problem using Midi Learn (Global) instead of Midi Learn (Preset) for controlling Attack Time, is when a different preset is selected that relies on the Mod Wheel for filter or osc modulation etc, the Attack Time (or any other chosen parameter) now also changes at the same time. So, still using Global midi learn, I assigned a control (CC78) on my Nektar LX25+ midi controller keyboard for Attack Time. Now I only have to select CC78 in Cubasis3 and enter the values where required, I’m now a happy parameter tweaker :hyper:
I then tried using your second method of saving the start and end points of ADSR1 as you described, but I could not find “Modulate Changed Parameters” feature in the ADSR settings? But not to worry, I am more than happy using the first method.
I can work my way through the majority of SM2s control features, but a user manual would make programming so much easier and is most definitely a requirement.
SM2 is still the best synth on iOS :tu:

multicube wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:23 am Thank you Gercek,
I tried both of your methods, firstly I assigned Mod Wheel to Attack with Midi Learn (Global) and it works perfectly, SM2 still remembers after relaunching, the only problem using Midi Learn (Global) instead of Midi Learn (Preset) for controlling Attack Time, is when a different preset is selected that relies on the Mod Wheel for filter or osc modulation etc, the Attack Time (or any other chosen parameter) now also changes at the same time. So, still using Global midi learn, I assigned a control (CC78) on my Nektar LX25+ midi controller keyboard for Attack Time. Now I only have to select CC78 in Cubasis3 and enter the values where required, I’m now a happy parameter tweaker :hyper:
I then tried using your second method of saving the start and end points of ADSR1 as you described, but I could not find “Modulate Changed Parameters” feature in the ADSR settings? But not to worry, I am more than happy using the first method.
I can work my way through the majority of SM2s control features, but a user manual would make programming so much easier and is most definitely a requirement.
SM2 is still the best synth on iOS :tu:
I'm glad one of the methods worked for you. And thank you for your encouraging words. Then I can say Synthmaster Rocks :hyper:

Return to “KV331 Audio”