VST can't be found (Ableton, M1 Mac)

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First: thank you for the great synth -- I'm not a professional or anything but Sylenth is what allowed me to actually enjoy making music with my friends. I bought my license some years ago and since the pandemic haven't really had the time to play; I was last using Ableton 10 on an Intel Mac (I don't remember what version of Sylenth).

I'm now using Ableton 11 on an M1 Mac, and tried installing Sylenth (3.067). It shows up in my plug ins, though under "Audio Units" rather than "VST".

Opening my old tracks I'm getting "The VST2 plug-in could not be found).

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I can create new tracks with the "AU" Sylenth so I know it's there, but I want to resolve the missing plugin on the other tracks since that is where the presets are.
Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 12.14.21 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sylenth1 isn’t M1 native yet and ableton 11.1 onwards is M1 native so it’s only detecting native plugins. You can use it as a AU as it’s translating it via Rosetta from intel to M1. Will need to wait for a native build of sylenth1 before you can use it in ableton on M1 as a VST.

Alternatively you can run Ableton entirely in Rosetta by right clicking the app and run in Rosetta this will come with a performance hit though.
| MacOS Ventura MBP 14 M1 Pro 32GB RAM | PC Win 11 7950x3D 64GB RAM | Ableton | Bigwig| RME Babyface Pro | Yamaha HS8 |

Thank you *SO MUCH* that did the trick!

Return to “LennarDigital”