VCV Rack 2

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Doepfer has the colour and the knob style same as their Wasp filter though

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:57 pm
cthonophonic wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:36 pm Maybe it's the official Doepfer modules that they've been promising?
Must be. That’s a Doepfer style knob design alright.

Would be cool to play with some of the modules like Phase Locked Loop that look a bit mysterious in hardware. And be great to have all those filters and oscillators modelled like Wasp, SEM, Vactrol etc.
Since most of the Doepfer modules are analog, I don't think they would add many at once. I hope for quality, not quantity.

But, I also really like the idea of having Cytomic modules inside VCV Rack. We will see....

If they add the Doepfer Wasp, will they emulate the IC flaming out like the real hardware so often does? :hihi:

foosnark wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:28 pm If they add the Doepfer Wasp, will they emulate the IC flaming out like the real hardware so often does? :hihi:
Really hoping mine doesn’t do that. The SEM is a bit creaky/dusty/cranky in mine too.

Are you safe?

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:02 pm
Rastkovic wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:23 pm Something new is coming....

FRNbJHqWYAMd5Od.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/vcvrack/photos ... 5924723084
Black and orange …same colour scheme cytomic uses , and last week Andrew (cytomic) said he was going to announce something .
So yeah , my bet is on Cytomic , which would be totally awesome , best filters in the bussiness !!
That's my guess. Andy has mentioned the possibility of his filters in VCV Rack and was even on the VCV forum the other day. So I'm thinking Cytomic filters in VCV. Which would be huge! Sign me up for the lot!

And who knows, maybe we're looking at a Cytomic-coded a Doepfer WASP filter. Wouldn't be the first time Andy did a WASP filter.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:19 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:02 pm
Rastkovic wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:23 pm Something new is coming....

FRNbJHqWYAMd5Od.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/vcvrack/photos ... 5924723084
Black and orange …same colour scheme cytomic uses , and last week Andrew (cytomic) said he was going to announce something .
So yeah , my bet is on Cytomic , which would be totally awesome , best filters in the bussiness !!
That's my guess. Andy has mentioned the possibility of his filters in VCV Rack and was even on the VCV forum the other day. So I'm thinking Cytomic filters in VCV. Which would be huge! Sign me up for the lot!

And who knows, maybe we're looking at a Cytomic-coded a Doepfer WASP filter. Wouldn't be the first time Andy did a WASP filter.
The Drop has a wasp filter
Here you hear it in action ,
I used abl3 with filter fully open + env amount +decay+ accent , going into the drop , wasp filter modulated by internal envelope
It's pretty great
https://gearspace.com/board/attachments ... g-drop.mp3
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:50 pm The Drop has a wasp filter
Yep. That's exactly the WASP filter Andy coded that I was referencing. So if it is an emulation of that Doepfer WASP filter, it would totally make sense if Cytomic was also involved. Or, these are just Cytomic modules in general and have nothing to do with Doepfer.

So yeah turns out we were all correct, the Doepfer WASP filter modelled by Cytomic.
It’s a $15 premium module though so even if way cheaper than it might be on other platforms I’ll pass as I own the hardware.
https://vcvrack.com/Doepfer#A124

Interesting that they’ve implemented this
High detail mode: Uses a more accurate filter model at the expense of a bit of CPU. Useful for patches that specifically highlight the sound of the Wasp filter.

Are you safe?

Great sleuth work everyone! The A-124 was a fun circuit to model, and I'm very happy with the results. Hopefully for those that have never heard the original Eurorack version may be tempted to buy the hardware after having a play with this, and likewise those that own the hardware may like to buy the software version which you can have multiple copies running at once and also use polyphonically inside VCV Rack.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:20 am Interesting that they’ve implemented this
High detail mode: Uses a more accurate filter model at the expense of a bit of CPU. Useful for patches that specifically highlight the sound of the Wasp filter.
I think it's important to have a couple of options when it comes to CPU usage and detail, something that may not be as accurate but most of the time you wouldn't notice the difference, and then when you really want to push the drive and modulation hard something that uses a bit more cpu to produce a high quality result. I have this on all the filters in The Drop as well, and it is not an overampling thing, it's to do with computation of the model itself at the same sample rate. You can oversample the entire Rack as well, which I recommend if you are doing lots of drive.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:19 pm And who knows, maybe we're looking at a Cytomic-coded a Doepfer WASP filter. Wouldn't be the first time Andy did a WASP filter.
Yep, I've done the wasp before, but this model is more detailed and I've made sure to keep every component in the model to match the Doepfer hardware as closely as possible. The main change is in the resonance signal path, and also extra detail in solving for the p-mos / n-mos complimentary pairs in realtime instead of just the transfer function of them, which gives some extra signal bleed through and other non-ideal but characterful behaviour.

15 bucks ist a great price for such a good filter, that was an instant buy. It's hopefully not the last collaboration between Cytomic and VCV.... :hug: :tu:

andy-cytomic wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:28 am Great sleuth work everyone! The A-124 was a fun circuit to model, and I'm very happy with the results. Hopefully for those that have never heard the original Eurorack version may be tempted to buy the hardware after having a play with this, and likewise those that own the hardware may like to buy the software version which you can have multiple copies running at once and also use polyphonically inside VCV Rack.
Lovely! Were you involved with the Softube Doepfer stuff at all? Are you allowed to say whether there is more Doepfer in the pipeline?

Rastkovic wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:54 am 15 bucks ist a great price for such a good filter, that was an instant buy. It's hopefully not the last collaboration between Cytomic and VCV.... :hug: :tu:
It’s great value. It all depends how you are using your software and hardware and I’ve a hybrid setup trying to have hardware analogue oscillators and filters, mostly everything else is VCV. If you don’t try and set boundaries then GAS can strike at full force.

Are you safe?

wintoid wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:01 am
andy-cytomic wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:28 am Great sleuth work everyone! The A-124 was a fun circuit to model, and I'm very happy with the results. Hopefully for those that have never heard the original Eurorack version may be tempted to buy the hardware after having a play with this, and likewise those that own the hardware may like to buy the software version which you can have multiple copies running at once and also use polyphonically inside VCV Rack.
Lovely! Were you involved with the Softube Doepfer stuff at all? Are you allowed to say whether there is more Doepfer in the pipeline?
I was not involved with the Softube Doepfer modules. And yes, there are more modules in the pipeline :) I've got a few I'd like to tackle, but I also would like to ask the community for their input, since there are a lot of Doepfer modules to check out! (edit: we may want to start a new thread for input on this since it may be off topic for some)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”