TAL-Sampler: Drag & Drop on Linux not working

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I want to use the drag & drop featueres of TAL-Sampler for audio and midi files on Linux but they don't work. I can not drag und drop audio files on the layers or drag & drop a midi file after slicing to the daw (Reaper in this case) or file manager (PCManFM or Dolphin). Any special libs needed for this feature?
Thanks!

I was just coming here to ask the same question... I've tried everything I can think of but no luck.

Anyone?

This is an issue, I'm not sure what causes it but the same is true for other samplers in reaper linux. Running Reaper in wine works well so I've gone back to that

REAPER has a modifier key for this -- by default it's "Ctrl + Alt + Drag", if you hold this combination and then drag from DAW <-> plugin it should work.

Thanks, I know the key command. Drag and Drop from the Reaper media explorer does not work too.
I can also drag and drop a wav file form my file manager (PCManFM) to Reaper which works but not to the TAL Sampler window. Looks like a plugin issue.

To have a drag & drop feature would be really convenient. (and a purchase trigger for me) It only works when a new mapping is selected. Then the dropped sample is placed on the highest note. C8 or something but not into the blank mapping.

This might be a JUCE thing and also might depend on which WM you're using on Linux, I reckon.

The described behavior happens under AV Linux (Openbox WM inside XFCE) when I load a sample over the internal browser. Guess the problem could also be the file manager. I'll look into it and see what I can figure out. :)

Hi, it’s not the Tal sampler. Drag and drop also dont work on vital and redux.

On the daw ( reaper, linux ), i use carla to sandbox tal-sampler ,then drag and drop work.
Last edited by chibchan on Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chibchan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:42 pm this has been fixed on the latest version ( 3.71 )...last time I tried ( a few seconds ago ). On the daw ( reaper, linux ), i use carla in reaper to sandbox tal-sampler and now drag and drop work.
why do you sandbox it? does it work with direct load?

direct load? not sure what you mean. I don't see that in tal-sampler menus. :shock:
Are your referring to drag and drop?
reaper makes new audio tracks whenever I try to drag and drop samples into tal-sampler.
In reaper, if i use tal-sampler within falktx's Carla plugin, drag and drop work.
I think I've said all i can on it. :wink:

chibchan wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:08 am direct load? not sure what you mean.
I mean why you use Carla to load plugin.
TAL plugins are Linux native, so you can add Sampler directly into the Reaper's track without Carla.

chibchan wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:08 am reaper makes new audio tracks whenever I try to drag and drop samples into tal-sampler.
In reaper, if i use tal-sampler within falktx's Carla plugin, drag and drop work.
ok, I see
so, you telling that D'n'D works for (Linux native) TAL-Sampler in Carla, right? I cannot confirm that on my side, it doesn't react to D'n'D in any host.

Return to “TAL Software”