Totally newbie, need help with the initial setup

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, using a Gentoo derivative, MocaccinoOS, I've built and installed the base app.
My system uses Pipewire.
I have tried to start the app, but always got this message:

"Default IO did not initialize.
Defaulting to NULL backend."

What is the problem, how could I diagnose this and fix it?

Thank you.

First, you need to learn that no one else on the internet can see your computer.

You need to tell everyone exactly what you have done, step by step - from turning the machine on, if needs be - to seeing the error, in great detail.

Otherwise, people cannot start to help you.

Known context (after some googling)
MocaccinoOS is a minimal Linux meta-distribution for the 21st century! Beyond Gentoo.
PipeWire is a new low-level multimedia framework. It aims to offer capture and playback for both audio and video with minimal latency and support for PulseAudio, JACK, ALSA and GStreamer-based applications.
Unknown context:
msdobrescu wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:06 am I've built and installed the base app. [...] I have tried to start the app.
You need to tell us at least what the name of "the" app is, how you built it and configured it.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Sorry, thought this is zynaddsubfx support forum (and related).
This is what I refer by "base app".
I've simply emerged zynaddsubfx and installed it. Nothing more yet.

msdobrescu wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:36 pm Sorry, thought this is zynaddsubfx support forum (and related).
Moved the thread to that subforum.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks and apologies for all the mess!

In theory for pipewire either the alsa or jack audio backend should work. In practice I don't know what issues you may encounter. (-O alsa or -O jack should select those backends if you compiled support for either)
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”