Tal-Sampler 4: File structure

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.
If I have a preset that uses many samples, how do I keep track of these samples?
I can save my preset in its own folder. Eg. preset "Rhodes" in the "Rhodes" folder, and then click "Copy Samples to Preset Directory". But when my presets have their own folders, I can no longer browse between my presets with the Next/Previous Preset arrows.

One solution is that after having "Copy Samples to Preset Directory" I use drag-and-drop in the Finder to move my preset one level up in the file structure. But it would be smarter if the function was called "Copy Samples to Preset SUB-directory"

Hey, personally I find it much easier to prepare the structure ahead of time as much as it takes some planning. For all my TAL Sampler packs I have a folder for all the presets which contains a sub folder for the samples. I either copy the samples I want to use into the sub folder first, or if I find myself just freely dragging samples from all over the place until I'm happy with the patch, I then copy the samples into the sub folder. Even if you already saved the preset you can move the samples, re-open the preset to get the error message, point TAL Sampler to the new sub folder then resave.

I get your point though that perhaps there's a more helpful command that could be included in the menu which created a structure that can be navigated with the arrow keys now we have the nice browser, rather than a folder for each preset. I'll chat to Patrick and get back to you.
Cheers!
emptyvessel
Professional sound design for manufacturers and composers
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.
https://store.emptyvessel.co.nz/

I have thought about it. As it is now, the preset will be in the same folder as the corresponding samples. Therefore you cannot use the Next/Previous Preset buttons to change presets.
But an easy solution would be that, if you have loaded the last preset in the current folder, and you press Next Preset, it loads the first preset in the next folder at the same folder level.

Return to “TAL Software”