Beware of scammers selling unused reg codes!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very well then, just a misunderstanding. :)

This person is promising free, full versions of Hive and Repro:

[MOD EDIT: Snipped link]

Just FYI

Thank you, we'll see to it.

(no need to share links... forum rules say not to...)

So sad to see Urs having to take time to fix things like this, rather than on developing Z3. And just as bad, it must de-motivate him to work on projects like Z3 if, as much thought he puts into development, others put into stealing. Especially when a group finds an asymmetric method that takes more time for developers to fix than it takes them to steal. All I can say is: hang in there, Team U-He. While there will always be thieves, remember that you have a large, loyal following. Don't let the b*#^*%rds get you down.

Maybe I've just gotten sanctimonious in my old age (doesn't hurt being able to afford stuff I couldn't when I was a teenager either), but software piracy really gets my goat...especially people who sell codes and keys and the like that aren't legit. I wish I could turn all of them in, or at least put an end to their thievery, but I guess it's so rampant that it's like trying to plug a dike with your finger...as soon as you plug one hole, another one pops up somewhere else. I've contacted a few vendors when I've seen someone selling their products for pennies on the dollar on eBay, you know it isn't legit, but the response I've gotten is usually thanks but it's impossible to go after every rat.

I’m planning to buy a used Repro license. Is there any process for verifying the license. Do you check it as part of the transfer?
Are you setup to do any pre-verification check? Eg seller sends their serial code and the buyer email and you forward in confirmation that it’s valid.

Thanks, Tom

We're working on (well, more like planning for) a more or less automated process for license transfers in the future, but that might be at least two years away.

Our support team will happily check if a seller is legit. Due to privacy protection, it would be best if both seller and buyer contact our support team, so the seller can grant permission to tell the buyer that he actually owns the license in question.

(I'm not sure what the actual procedure would be, best to contact support at u-he dot com for details)

So I finally completed the purchase of UHE Repro from someone on KVR today after waiting all year hoping for a BF sale and 1 hour later I get the 50% sale notification from Native Instruments. <insert big facepalm gif>

What did you pay?

$90 + currency conversion, instead of £64. Not the end of the world but annoying nonetheless!

[quote=Urs post_id=8085534 time=1618661748 user_id=3542]

At this point, there is no good reason for anyone to sell redeem codes from our NI sale anymore, because this time the bundle was not splittable. There never was any good reason really to resell a redeem code for a third party seller.

[/quote]

I do not fully understand: when you write that the NI bundle was not splittable, means that one cannot buy the bundle and resell individual items?
I thought that is possible.
http://sentire.me

_.|| _. _ _
\/\/(_|||(_|(_ (/_

wallace wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:56 pm
Urs wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:15 pm
At this point, there is no good reason for anyone to sell redeem codes from our NI sale anymore, because this time the bundle was not splittable. There never was any good reason really to resell a redeem code for a third party seller.
I do not fully understand: when you write that the NI bundle was not splittable, means that one cannot buy the bundle and resell individual items?
I thought that is possible.
You can't resell individual redeem codes, but you can of course resell licenses after some time (just not immediately, as per reasons laid out in this thread)

[quote=Urs post_id=8590510 time=1672755031 user_id=3542]
You can't resell individual redeem codes, but you can of course resell licenses after some time (just not immediately, as per reasons laid out in this thread)
[/quote]

yes, I am aware you have to wait some time to resell the licence and that is fine.
I just wanted to be sure about that, because I already own 2 u-he softwares that are included in the bundle, so I would like to resell them if I do buy the bundle. As far as I understand, this is totally possible, right?

Thank you for your quick answer!
http://sentire.me

_.|| _. _ _
\/\/(_|||(_|(_ (/_

Yes.

Return to “u-he”