Please help: auto harmonize resulted in single chords only

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,
I am currently trying Rapidcomposer 4.6. However, after I imported a melody midi (monophonic and in absolute notes) and auto harmonized it, RC changed the originally different chords into the same chord. For example, if the scale is C, it will change the chords for all phrases to C. I tried different melody midi, but it showed the same glitch. I never experienced this with RC 3.X which I used for a while. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! @BluGenes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It's doing that because you are trying to use the chord rules and the notes are not in the scale selected (because they are absolute). Try it using the basic functional method, or select the correct scale for the notes.

BluGenes wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:15 pm It's doing that because you are trying to use the chord rules and the notes are not in the scale selected (because they are absolute). Try it using the basic functional method, or select the correct scale for the notes.
Thanks for the reply @BluGenes! I used the basic functional method. I couldn't figure out what was going on. Appreciate your help!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Well, you found a bug. It turned out that multiple phrases were not correctly handled, while auto-harmonizing worked well for one long phrase.
The good news is that I fixed this today, and the bug fix will be available in v4.6.1 which will be released tomorrow.

Thanks for reporting this with screenshots! :tu:
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
Summer Sale - 40% off - June 3-18

Yea, I didn't see how he was doing that and just was going to say he needs to glue them first.. nice catch..

Glad that I helped a bit and it was fixed! Thanks guys @BluGenes @Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”