Buyer beware when purchasing "account takeovers" on the KVR Sell & Buy Forum and other scams

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm new to this forum and thanks for the info!

I bought a few software licenses, so far I don't have any problems with them, hopefully neither in the future. There should be a topic where these scammers are exposed, with names, email address etc.

What's up with the offers that say once registered the license will become not for resale or will become OEM? I've seen this a few times here and knobcloud. Were these maybe unused licences that come with a hardware purchase? Should these be avoided?

masonsjax wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:23 pm What's up with the offers that say once registered the license will become not for resale or will become OEM? I've seen this a few times here and knobcloud. Were these maybe unused licences that come with a hardware purchase? Should these be avoided?
Most of the time that I’ve seen, this is part of the license transfer T&C from manufacturers. So, totally legitimate and not a scam.

I can’t think of any off the top of my head but if I remember any specific examples I can point to I’ll add it here.

Edit:
https://help.pluginboutique.com/hc/en-u ... 3304815636

“Please note:
Plugin Boutique, Loopmasters and Excite Audio licences that are transferred will be NFR licences (not for resale). Therefore, they can only be transferred once.”

There, official documentation from PB that it’s just their policy and not a scam or otherwise something fishy with the license from the seller’s side.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”