Synthmaster One iOS Midi Mapping Export Issue.

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KV331 team,
I have a problem with exporting and importing Midi Mappings in SM1 on my iPad Air 4.
Synthmaster 1 mappings with 8 parameters is only 23 bytes in size, every time I close Cubasis3 with SM1 selected or Standalone mode, the mappings are constantly lost when re-launched, importing the mappings back does nothing at all, each time I have to manually Midi Learn each parameter which is a proper nuisance.
When I export SM2 mappings containing 8 learned parameters, they are 354 bytes in size, they also import correctly frequently.

Just a thought🤔
I have recently purchased ButterSynth, it’s Midi Mapping method is superb, any parameter can be selected from a Mapping list, setting each parameter is simply achieved using the app Ribn which can be set to transmit any 8 parameters at a time, no external controller required. I’m not asking for this feature to be implemented in both SM1&2, but if other developers can make life easy for us………………….

I have imported a previously exported Midi Mappings file that contains 354 bytes of data, but because I have to close and relaunch SM1, the mappings will not load.
I can’t understand why the Midi Mappings use to be more stable in SM1 whilst SM2 Mappings were always randomly disappearing, but now it is SM1 that will not remember or even import a single Mapping whilst SM2 is retaining its Mappings? This is driving me absolutely crazy.
I have sent in a bug report for this issue, hopefully it can be sorted.
I’m not sure but I think this problem started with the iOS16.4 or 16.5 update, not sure which one 🤔🤔🤔

One other question, why does all the text I write in this forum disappear when I Preview it? It’s a good job I copy before tapping Review

I have recently updated SM1 to v1.5.13 but the Midi Import still does not work, nor the ability to retain even “one” Midi Learn Parameter every time SM1 is closed.
Please can can you check this issue, I have so many projects in Cubasis3 that use Filter and Envelope CC’s which no longer work unless I manually assign all the parameters each time I launch Cubasis.
It doesn’t matter if import mappings is applied to AUv3 or Standalone mode, the same goes for exporting the mappings.

Hi Gercek,
Last week I sent in a bug report for the Synthmaster One Midi Mappings problem [#91072], you replied by sending an email with just the letter “e” together with a link to close the case if “e” had fixed the issue :-?
I replied to your email yesterday mid day (uk) but I have not heard back from you.

Hi Gercek,
Thanks for sending me two videos showing your version of Synthmaster One responding to Export/Import Midi Learn Parameters, and also Synthmaster retaining its mappings after relaunching.
This unfortunately does not work with my version of SM1 on iPad Air 4 iOS16.5. The fact that the exported Midi Mappings document residing in Files/Synthmaster One/Midi Learn - only contains the words “Synthmaster Midi Learn” shows there is something not right with Synthmaster
I do believe the inability to retain midi mappings has occurred since the last couple of iOS updates this year.
The photos below show Midi Mappings created at 3.30pm today (uk).
Photo 1 shows exporting midi mappings.
Photo 2 shows saved blank mapping file.
Photo 3 shows SM1 relaunched with mappings disappeared.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The latest Apple update v16.5.1 has fixed the Midi Export and disappearing Midi Learn Parameters. Everything is now perfect :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Return to “KV331 Audio”