How to assign mod wheel in Synthmaster?

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After really liking and using SynthmasterCM in a couple of projects, I took advantage of the 30% off sale going on and got the pro version. Very impressive. A nice full sound with some interesting included presets.

One of my favorite patches is a B3 type emulation which has a nice Leslie effect that can be regulated (fast/slow) in real time. Unfortunately, to do this, I currently need to adjust the 1st knob with a mouse. What I'd LIKE to do is use the mod wheel.

Now I know a lot of you will tell me to RTFM, and, point taken. However, I've been around the block a bit and figured I'd be able to get this with digging too deep. So I right click the knob, and sure enough, I get a bunch of assignment choices. I click on 'Mod Wheel' and give it a go. Nothing.

Messed around a bit more without any luck, so I figured I'd ask.

Is there a vid or a brief how-to that someone can let me in on?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

you should be able to right click, midi learn.. but it looks like there is a bug with midi learn.

bulent ?

topaz wrote:you should be able to right click, midi learn.. but it looks like there is a bug with midi learn.

bulent ?
That's what I thought, but it occurred to me that maybe there might be a different assignment designation that might also work. The dropdown had a number of choices. Mod Wheel was the only one that looked familiar.
Berfab

topaz wrote:you should be able to right click, midi learn.. but it looks like there is a bug with midi learn.

bulent ?
It doesnt work? I remember I just did it yesterday to show it to a friend, should be working.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

ok, I was testing in Bidule standalone and it doesnt work, in fact the au causes some problems with bidule.

tesed in live 9 and indeed midi learn does work.

FWIW I'm using Cubase 7.0.2 on a win7 PC.
Berfab

One way you can assign parameters to the mod wheel is using the modulation matrix.

edit: reading your posts again it seems that this is basically the same route you were taking. Sounds like your DAW is not sending the CC command to the synth?

I tried other synths in bidule and midi automation is fine, for some reason synthmaster AU and VST are not,

So I went back again last night and tried to figure out what I could do about this. All I really want to accomplish is to get the fast/slow for the Leslie effect controlled by the mod wheel.

The organ patch that I really like is the Additive Organ. Manipulating the Easy 1 knob speeds up the Leslie effect. Using the mod wheel also seems to accomplish this, but in a bit of a different way. When I tried to assign the mod wheel to it, I can HEAR the mod wheel having an effect on the sound, but not the same as actually adjusting the Easy 1 knob with a mouse. Also, the knob itself does not move when I use the mod wheel. (I hope this description is making sense to someone.) So I'm still not sure if the MIDI learn is working.

A more basic problem is trying to figure out how the Leslie is achieved. There's no actual Leslie effect that I can find, so I assume the effect is a combination of things acting in concert. But darn if I could figure it out to see what parameter I should be adjusting.

I'm obviously not a programmer. I just want a nice B3, and frankly, for my needs, this one patch justifies the entire purchase price of the synth. I've got other B3 instruments, but this one is light and very playable (except for the mod wheel thingy). I know this has now turned into a patch thread, but if anyone can solve this problem for me, I'd be most grateful.

cheers
-B
Berfab

Err, so I bought Synthmaster 2 today, and Im running into this issue in both standalone as well as plugin mode. I searched the forum and found this thread and tried to find any solutions provided, but did not find any. I did find a number of people complaining about the same issue.

-none of my keyboard or controller mod wheels work inside Synthmaster 2 by default. Pitchbend works fine by default from every controller.
-moving the graphical mod wheel on Synthmaster 2 with the mouse works and changes the sound.
-if I use the "Matrix" panel and attempt to MIDI learn the mod wheel to any parameter, the plugin crashes instantly, 100% of the time.
-Ive tried turning "map cc74 to cc01" on and off, and this has no effect.

This happens inside Bitwig 5, Cubase 12, and standalone on Windows 10. Is there a fix incoming for this??
I can't use mod wheel!

Return to “KV331 Audio”