Monster Octachord: contact form on website not working (firefox and chrome), midi out ?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Duplicate post w/ no context.
Last edited by Musical Gym on Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AgusHardiman wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:23 pm
Musical Gym wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:08 am I was trying to download Guitar, Bass, Golden Piano, Drums, and Voxana, but I was getting Unsafe Links pop-ups. The instruments before those were not problematic. I tried to proceed to one of the "dangerous" sites but had no success.
I tried to use the contact form on your site but it wasn't working.
Yeah, it's hard for me as a legit developer because every file hosting service on this earth had been used by crackers/hackers to upload their crack files and me, who upload legit software suffered because every file hosting service (GoogleDrive, Contabo, MediaFire etc) marked as unsafe (even though mine is not).

To pay for my own server is very expensive since I give my plugins for free (I do pay monthly to GoogleDrive and Contabo).

Right now I don't have any solution other than using a different browser, or try using VPN and trying every trick to get the files.

Sorry for that !
Note: My plugins have been download thousand times and if you check youtube and search "monster drum", monster guitar" etc, there are many videos of random youtubers
Thanks. I think I tried to proceed to one of them and didn't get there.
I'll probably try again at some point. I appreciate your help and the issues you've faced.

Musical Gym wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:33 pm
AgusHardiman wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:23 pm
Musical Gym wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:08 am I was trying to download Guitar, Bass, Golden Piano, Drums, and Voxana, but I was getting Unsafe Links pop-ups. The instruments before those were not problematic. I tried to proceed to one of the "dangerous" sites but had no success.
I tried to use the contact form on your site but it wasn't working.
Yeah, it's hard for me as a legit developer because every file hosting service on this earth had been used by crackers/hackers to upload their crack files and me, who upload legit software suffered because every file hosting service (GoogleDrive, Contabo, MediaFire etc) marked as unsafe (even though mine is not).

To pay for my own server is very expensive since I give my plugins for free (I do pay monthly to GoogleDrive and Contabo).

Right now I don't have any solution other than using a different browser, or try using VPN and trying every trick to get the files.

Sorry for that !
Note: My plugins have been download thousand times and if you check youtube and search "monster drum", monster guitar" etc, there are many videos of random youtubers
Thanks. I think I tried to proceed to one of them and didn't get there.
I'll probably try again at some point. I appreciate your help and the issues you've faced.
Too bad. What if I sent you the direct link of the google drive through pm?
In the past, sometimes I sent people the link if they have trouble accessing it (and to be clear, I don't really need vote on KVR, this is what I do before KVRDC)

Musical Gym wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:33 pmThanks. I think I tried to proceed to one of them and didn't get there.
I forgot to ask...what's your OS and preferred plugin format?

@Agus

Windows 10, VST3

Thanks for pm.

AgusHardiman wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:01 pm
tatanka wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:05 pm Hi AgusHardiman,

thanks for joining in here and giving some anwers :clap:

Download worked now after some attempts.
Cool !
tatanka wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:05 pm I hope you really dont get me wrong, I really appreciate your work and love the general idea.
Of course not, I know you mean well and thanks for the attention to my plugin 🙏🏻
tatanka wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:05 pm As the instruments are maize sample files I would assume the instrument is maize sampler as well ? Maybe some experts in here have an idea if midi out with maize is possible in general ? I have not seen any maize sampler instrument with midi out so maybe not.
Yeah, sadly, it's not possible (I'm multiple times asking the Maize's developer to incorporate this, but I think this is not easy for them to implement).
tatanka wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:05 pmAnd as you are really doing great work with all that free instruments and especially in some niche corners where it is hard to find anything, really appreciated :clap:

I only thought that it could be so much more with midi out, even for all your other instruments. I think Ocatchord with midi out AND all your libraries are really all you need to get started.

But even as it is now, as someone said before, a great thing to learn something about chords and just have a simple start.

So for me its definitely worth 5 points, of course, would be wonderful if there could be any solution for the midi out.
Thank you again! As a music producer, that MIDI-OUT capability is one of my top wishlists. But since Maize can't, either I have to postpone the idea of OctaChord until I learn a new programming language (takes years) or I just do it and make it (and I choose the latter) 😃

And that's why I postponed this creation ( I made this 1 year ago before OctaChord) because this will be a bigger size than OctaChord and no MIDI-OUT :
MONSTER X-Jam.png

I'm in the process of learning a new programming language but as I'm not a full-time programmer, it will take maybe 1-2 years to even learn the basics (I do keep all these thread suggestions in my mind)

Regards,
Agus Hardiman of MonsterDAW
Monster X-Jam looks dope and amazing: it has all the features I'd like my students to have. Can you please not just put it out for free but at least for 5$. Because this is worth paying for!!!

Starbright wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:23 pm Monster X-Jam looks dope and amazing: it has all the features I'd like my students to have. Can you please not just put it out for free but at least for 5$. Because this is worth paying for!!!
Nice that you are so enthusiastic about Monster X-Jam. :)

Monster X-Jam is taking part in the Developer Challenge 2023
here - and by statute it is free. That's what's special about the
DC: The plugins are "free" - and thus support every artist.

What angers me a bit is the fact that with your statement
"... but at least for n$ because this is worth playing for" you
are assuming that only plugins that cost something are "worth
something" or are "good" at all.

This is an insult to all people who freely provide plugins or
software to others. :(

If you look at the history of plugins from Developer Challenges
over the past few years, you will find plugins that have the
highest value and are truly among the best out there. There
are even many plugins for which there is no equivalent
in the payment world. They are "ONLY" available as free
versions!

There is the "Free Culture" movement, which quite explicitly
propagates free software - just as is customary in the Linux
world and in science - and which counteracts the increasing
narrowing through monetization. Please refer to
Free Cultural Movement.

Maybe you understand now that your statement is a real insult.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Starbright wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:23 pm
Monster X-Jam looks dope and amazing: it has all the features I'd like my students to have. Can you please not just put it out for free but at least for 5$. Because this is worth paying for!!!
Thank you for your interest. The reason I halted the development because that MONSTER X-Jam will be very big in size compared to this MONSTER OctaChord :(

So I'm now in the process of learning new programming language and hope I can bring MONSTER X-Jam to the masses 🙏🏻

enroe wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:35 pm
Starbright wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:23 pm Monster X-Jam looks dope and amazing: it has all the features I'd like my students to have. Can you please not just put it out for free but at least for 5$. Because this is worth paying for!!!

versions!

Free Cultural Movement.

Thanks for the support Enroe. I didn't take that Starbright means to insult, but maybe he/she's just not patient for me to release it !

Btw what he's talking is not MONSTER OctaChord that is in KVRDC 2023 but my another comming soon plugin (long time ago) that hasn't been released yet because of the reason I wrote in the above comment.

Here's what a Monster X-Jam looks like :
MONSTER X-Jam.png
All is good !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Musical Gym wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:03 am @Agus

Windows 10, VST3

Thanks for pm.
Sorry, I've been busy and can read your answer just now. OK I'll pm-ed you later, please wait. Thanks

Musical Gym wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:03 am @Agus

Windows 10, VST3

Thanks for pm.
I have sent you the link to MONSTER OctaChord VST3 to your PM. Please check it.

AgusHardiman wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:56 am
enroe wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:35 pm

versions!

Free Cultural Movement.

Thanks for the support Enroe. I didn't take that Starbright means to insult, but maybe he/she's just not patient for me to release it !

Btw what he's talking is not MONSTER OctaChord that is in KVRDC 2023 but my another comming soon plugin (long time ago) that hasn't been released yet because of the reason I wrote in the above comment.

Here's what a Monster X-Jam looks like :
MONSTER X-Jam.png

All is good !
Wow, that one looks really amazing :clap:

Any more details possible about "soon" :hyper:

I really love this all-in-one style based music making machines 8) .

And this one even looks very clear and clean from the gui (usually this kind of stuff is making you :shock: when you look at it and try to find out how it works) :tu:

tatanka wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:04 amI really love this all-in-one style based music making machines 8) .

And this one even looks very clear and clean from the gui (usually this kind of stuff is making you :shock: when you look at it and try to find out how it works) :tu:
I feel you, I didn't like the one-man-band GUI as well :wink:
tatanka wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:04 am
Wow, that one looks really amazing :clap:

Any more details possible about "soon" :hyper:
I really don't know because I'm in the middle of making some plugins. I'm sure I will get back to MONSTER X-Jam in the future, please stay tuned !

You can follow my social media to keep you posted (it's on the right side of my web : https://agushardiman.tv/)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”