Anyone using Synthcraft?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I finally got my first synth in Synthcraft working, it's a simple 3 oscillator multiplication with different octaves. Doesn't sound that great, but I'm bad at using the controls so haven't tried much yet. Runs at about 7% cpu in Savihost, kind of high but I'm on an I7 so its fine.

Anyone got any builds yet or tips? I had a real hard time figuring it out, using splitters instead of more midi to cvs and splitters for waveform just didn't work.

That's what stood out to me, the splitters and joiners as I'm a Synthedit and Synthmaker user. I did vote first place for Synthcraft.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

i tried to. i give up for now.
i gave up on the acousmodule one too

if you had difficulty with synthcraft
and you already have experience with this kind of sotware...
then i guess i don't blame myself for giving up for now

i might try learning it more, in the future
if time permits

but for now i just test anything that is easy to use
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

RunBeerRun wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:59 pm I finally got my first synth in Synthcraft working, it's a simple 3 oscillator multiplication with different octaves. Doesn't sound that great, but I'm bad at using the controls so haven't tried much yet. Runs at about 7% cpu in Savihost, kind of high but I'm on an I7 so its fine.

Anyone got any builds yet or tips? I had a real hard time figuring it out, using splitters instead of more midi to cvs and splitters for waveform just didn't work.

That's what stood out to me, the splitters and joiners as I'm a Synthedit and Synthmaker user. I did vote first place for Synthcraft.
Hi Thanks for trying SynthCraft

Please remember SynthCraft is still in Beta and was only released to the public one month ago, so it doesn't have 10+ years of development behind it like SynthEdit/SynthMaker.

I don't want to make a program that can pump out another one million VA synths, but would like to explore new and interesting ways to create plugins. Its just a different way of working.
The version on my PC right now (to be released sometime after voting) has reduced the SynthCraft editor CPU usage from 8% down to 0.1% and the exported plugins now consume 50% less CPU. I'm sure I can get even lower. Currently I'm just concentrating on improving the editor.
As I progress I will add more example projects and improve the help file to make it all easier to use.
Also, I hope to set up a forum so I can get more feedback from users to improve it.

Thanks for the first place vote :)

Regards
Kirsty

Sounds great! I'm getting the hang of it so far.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I use Flowstone and test the FS4 alpha.

When I discovered SynthCraft in the challenge, I immediately downloaded it and had a go at it. I like it a lot. Yes, there are some issues, but it's nothing less than sensational, that it was in such a stable condition already after such a short time. I miss an easy way to report issues or crashes, but that will solve, when a forum or discord comes.

All in all, I wish this to have a lot of success. It is the first time that creating a VST from a graphical programming interface is available for free, and that is invaluable! That's also, why I gave it 5 points. I hope it gets a lot of attention, because it can only evolve, if users report back!

I totally agree with tulamide, it's an incredible program, it's somewhat simple compared to flowstone or Synthmaker but very friendly, I love it, in the same way I wish a lot of success and that it continues to grow, I'm about to finish my vst in Synthcraft: )

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”