Pan spread osc voices? Is this possible with (MUX / Mulab)?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pan spread osc voices? Is this possible with (MUX / Mulab)?

Scenario Patch 1 - Traditional pan voice spreading
I think that is self explanatory but what I mean is not a stereo spreader over the entire synthesizer's stereo output. Rather for example lower notes get spread to the left, higher to the right, and middles notes meet up in the center. The way some piano libraries function.

Scenario Patch 2 - Balanced voice spreading
Is it possible to pan voices (say 4 voices are played on the keyboard) and have the two lowest voices be sent to opposite ears along with the two highest voices also in opposite ears. Basically balancing the Left right channels somewhat.
It would be more balanced if the lowest and the highest were paired in channel R and the middle 2 in the L for the most balanced result. I know that sounds somewhat complex but maybe you get me there.

If either is easily doable let me know. I'm assuming the second one would probably require some sort of math. Thank you for your time.

S1: You can pan each layer in the Oscillator modules. Click on LAYERS > Deep Edit > Oscillator Layers Setup, to set the Pitch, Pan and others for each layer.

S2: One simple way to 'balance' is to use the Note Key Splitter to select notes (e.g. of the song's key) as midi into two instances of a synth, and pan each L/R.
You can also change the pan for each note in MultiSampla.
As always with MuLab, I can think of other ways.

But changing pan with chord position is overkill, its like orchestration
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

gsirvine wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:51 am Scenario Patch 1 - Traditional pan voice spreading
I think that is self explanatory but what I mean is not a stereo spreader over the entire synthesizer's stereo output. Rather for example lower notes get spread to the left, higher to the right, and middles notes meet up in the center. The way some piano libraries function.
Inside the PolySynth insert a Note To Modulation Converter.
Connect it to the main event input.
Connect its first green output (= Key) to the 2nd input (= Panning) of the final amp.
Double-click the Note To Modulation Converter and switch Key = Bipolar Out to On.
Now whenever you play a key, the key value is converted to a bipolar modulation value, lowest key = -100% highest key = +100% and that will modulate the panning of the final amp for that voice. So lowest key will then be full left, highest key full right. You can of course tweak this by editing the Note To Modulation Converter setup and/or double-clicking the green output connection cable to edit the modulation amplitude.
Scenario Patch 2 - Balanced voice spreading
Is it possible to pan voices (say 4 voices are played on the keyboard) and have the two lowest voices be sent to opposite ears along with the two highest voices also in opposite ears. Basically balancing the Left right channels somewhat.
It would be more balanced if the lowest and the highest were paired in channel R and the middle 2 in the L for the most balanced result. I know that sounds somewhat complex but maybe you get me there.
I'm not 100% sure what you mean but pls try to build further from the solution above.

I know this thread is a half year old but perhaps this post is helpful for some people, especially the second part of this post: viewtopic.php?p=7652400#p7652400

Return to “MUTOOLS”