Processing inputs of audio interface & sending to different outputs in parallel chains in Patchwork

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Hello,

I'm using a RME Fireface UFX II, on a Windows 11 PC

I'm not able to get the signal to pass through 2 plugins (same row) in the parallel section of Patchwork in standalone. The manual doesn't tell me how to assign the i/o for each plugin in a row. For example if I have 2 columns in the parallel section of Patchwork, and 2 plugins within a row- how do I get a signal to pass through both of the plugins and show up at one output? Video examples are not specific to Patchwork in standalone, and the manual doesn't explain exactly what to do step by step in this situation. Can you please assist me with this?

Many thanks for any insight,

Here are photo examples of what I mean: (what is the proper way to have both plugins process the same inputs?) I have not been successful- usually, only the second plugin is affecting the signal.
BCissue8-17pt1.jpg
BCissue8-17pt2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I have tried "mute unused channels" on both plugins, and was not able to get the favorable result. In the example in the photos- only the second plugin affects the signal, and other combinations either take no effect or results in no signal at output.

In your above case, try setting

Code: Select all

"Tape Audio I/O" to:

Audio Inputs: 2 Inputs
Audio Outputs: Automatic (2)

Input Channels
01. Channel 9
02. Channel 10

"Unchecked" Mute unused channels
Then set

"True Iron Audio I/O" to:

Audio Inputs: Automatic (2)
Audio Outputs: 2 Outputs

Output Channels
01. Channel 3
02. Channel 4

"Checked" Mute unused channels
Depending on the plugins you use the numbers in brackets after the Automatic options may be different.

In general, set the first plugin in the parallel chain to use the desired input channels and leave output channels to be automatic. For subsequent plugins in the same parallel chain leave input and output channels on automatic except the last plugin in the chain where you specify the specific output channels you want and check the "Mute unused channels" option.

DoktorTenma wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:23 pm In your above case, try setting

"Tape Audio I/O" to:

Audio Inputs: 2 Inputs
Audio Outputs: Automatic (2)

Input Channels
01. Channel 9
02. Channel 10

"Unchecked" Mute unused channels
Then set

"True Iron Audio I/O" to:

Audio Inputs: Automatic (2)
Audio Outputs: 2 Outputs

Output Channels
01. Channel 3
02. Channel 4

"Checked" Mute unused channels
Depending on the plugins you use the numbers in brackets after the Automatic options may be different.

In general, set the first plugin in the parallel chain to use the desired input channels and leave output channels to be automatic. For subsequent plugins in the same parallel chain leave input and output channels on automatic except the last plugin in the chain where you specify the specific output channels you want and check the "Mute unused channels" option.
I super appreciate you, thanks so much- I will try this out as soon as I get back.

Best,

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”