Sylenth's Reverb

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been using Sylenth now as my go to synth since I bought it, I love the sounds I can create, but I am finding the reverb difficult to master. It seems very harsh, its either full on or barely noticable. And if I over do it, it tends to go a bit bonkers and requires me to cancel the sound in the DAW, bit like a panic button. Is it me not really understanding the techniques of the reverb or am I just doing something wrong ?

I really love my Sylenth Synth. But the reverb is not really good. It sound very digital. Metallic and thin.

Thats what i'm getting at, I thought it was something i'm doing wrong. Seems to be a fine line between warm and barely noticable and full on church mania.

I've found the reverbs integrated into most synths (software or hardware) fairly disappointing (one exception being the Spectrasonics stuff - RMX and Omnisphere have pretty good-sounding reverb). I finally just broke down and bought a Lexicon hardware reverb and am sending my synths to that for reverb instead now. The improvement is definitely more than subtle.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Nexus verb - beautiful
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Nexus' reverb is from Arts Acoustic. There's always the option to not use the reverb in Sylenth and just use another one such as Arts Acoustic.
You are currently reading my signature.

Any chances that Lennar can license that reverb? Maybe a Sylenth Pro Version with upgrade price for Sylenth owners?

We're open. We can't license exactly the adaption that we did for nexus, but we certainly could talk about doing another adaption and license thatone for sylenth. ;)
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

I really liked all the other fx in Sylenth1 but too found the reverb the weakest.

Having said that if you tweak it just right with the right sounds it can sound pretty good.

I was able to use it for a fair few of the presets I made.

Of course you can always use a third party reverb effects plugin instead, a quick forum search in the effects section will help you there :)
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

Gladiator has an excellent reverb as well. Lennart could take a listen at that one for inspiration. :D

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I think the Sylenth1 reverb sounds a lot like a Quadraverb or Midiverb with their digital and metallic signature sound.

Return to “LennarDigital”