Which Laptop On Stage? Mac Vs Windows PC

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't worry, we are not about to start that good old war between Mac and PC!

In fact we think that both options are perfectly viable.

The idea in this blog post is to give a balanced view of both solutions if you are wondering about what you want to have as a laptop computer on stage to play music.

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Blog/tip-o ... indows-pc/

The fat strings on the guitar prefer the Mac and the thin strings prefer the PC. :-)

Of course pc and mac are perfectly fine. Workstation should be more cost efficient on pc. On laptop I would prefere a mac with native apple silicon.because of thermals and fan noise of intel/amd based pc. On stage I guess it doesn't matter if you are not afraid of overheating.

noizejoy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:12 am The fat strings on the guitar prefer the Mac and the thin strings prefer the PC. :-)
:lol:

Jac459 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:53 am On laptop I would prefere a mac with native apple silicon.because of thermals and fan noise of intel/amd based pc. On stage I guess it doesn't matter if you are not afraid of overheating.
Yes Apple silicon is indeed a pretty good argument for choosing a Mac (be it on stage or anywhere else), for both performance and noise!

If you ever have soft music or even silence in a performance, then its a clear choice. My M2 MBP stays absolutely silent no matter how hard I push it… A completely new experience, its not only silent, its even faster than my 10-core Mac Pro…

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:41 am If you ever have soft music or even silence in a performance, then its a clear choice. My M2 MBP stays absolutely silent no matter how hard I push it… A completely new experience, its not only silent, its even faster than my 10-core Mac Pro…
Yes these machines are indeed very impressive!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”