Is there a API for Patchwork?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I could possibly script or create a plugin browser for Patchwork via a API or scripting language.

I have Delphi 11.

Underneath "Select" add "Plugin Browser" ..to load the plugin broswer API, although, you'd have to expose the functions that would load the information about each plugin to the API and a way to launch the plugin for your patchwork.

There are several APIs available is you want to customize PatchWork (see the KUIML language), but none of them will give you access to plug-ins metadata and scanning.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:00 am There are several APIs available is you want to customize PatchWork (see the KUIML language), but none of them will give you access to plug-ins metadata and scanning.
I just wanted to help somehow without burdening you with this task that seems to be low on your things to do list.

I'm still debating on getting plugin script or Patchwork.

I'm curious how many times could I have a instance of patchwork standalone running? I was thinking of running the plugins outside the DAW so they are a lesser burden to the DAW app. What do you think?

Cakewalk is CPU hungry vs Reaper, but I do love how Cakewalk works vs Reaper. Cakewalk actually has a freeze button, but in Reaper you have to use a right click menu to freeze and it doesn't show any indication that your track was frozen!

So, in order to use Cakewalk more efficiently, I was thinking your Patchwork could work outside the app and use it's own resources?

Cause Reaper can handle so many VSTs at the same time vs Cakewalk can only handle a few.

I personally am VERY happy that patchwork doesn't do any scanning, and hope that it can be turned off if it may get integrated into patchwork.

With jbridge you also can bridge 64 bit plugins in a 64 bit host and such a bridged plugin runs outside the host process.
I used this back in 32 bit times to overcome the ram limitations.

rasmusklump wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:42 pm I personally am VERY happy that patchwork doesn't do any scanning, and hope that it can be turned off if it may get integrated into patchwork.
Well, I'm hoping the scan feature is manually triggered so that it doesn't do it for every loading of the app / plugin.

gtimmons wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:30 pm
Blue Cat Audio wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:00 am There are several APIs available is you want to customize PatchWork (see the KUIML language), but none of them will give you access to plug-ins metadata and scanning.
I just wanted to help somehow without burdening you with this task that seems to be low on your things to do list.

I'm still debating on getting plugin script or Patchwork.

I'm curious how many times could I have a instance of patchwork standalone running? I was thinking of running the plugins outside the DAW so they are a lesser burden to the DAW app. What do you think?

Cakewalk is CPU hungry vs Reaper, but I do love how Cakewalk works vs Reaper. Cakewalk actually has a freeze button, but in Reaper you have to use a right click menu to freeze and it doesn't show any indication that your track was frozen!

So, in order to use Cakewalk more efficiently, I was thinking your Patchwork could work outside the app and use it's own resources?

Cause Reaper can handle so many VSTs at the same time vs Cakewalk can only handle a few.
Using a separate process to host plug-ins has limitations (it is more cumbersome to recall sessions for example), and may introduce additional latency, so it is not a solution for everyone although it is well adapted to some particular scenarios (external monitoring, specific master buss processing etc.). Regarding Cakewalk vs Reaper there should probably not be much difference if you enable multithreading in Cakewalk too.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”