Sonkey in standalone mode does not work.

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

Today I bought the SongKey mk4 and I really regret it because I can't control the program except via MIDI.

I was told by the suppoert that I would need a virtual cable like "Jack" to do this, which is kinda weird, because it shouldn't be the case that I need another program for a program to run.

Well, I've tried "Jack", but unfortunately the program crashes frequently. Songkey can't be brought to work with Jack either.

So all I can say is that the SongKey program is a bad experience. The surface and the settings alone are old-fashioned and it seems to me that I bought a waste product there.

The day before I got a free program from the Internet to determine the key of a song. This program only gives me the key and no other information, but it does it and without me needing anything extra for it.

Hornet doesn't do themselves any favors with a product like SongKey.
I will delete the product and not use it, I could have burned the money right away, the result would have been the same.

A pity!

Incidentally, it is a Windows computer with Windows 10 Pro.

Hi I'm sorry you had a bad experience. songKey need something to route audio though it so you need a software that creates virtual input and outputs that SongKey can use to listen to the audio from your computer.

It's pretty normal to have a software require something else to work BTW.

If you are unaware of that you are entitled to a 100% refund if you are not satisfied with songKEy since we are not providing the demo for this plugin, the least we can do is offer a refund if it does not work for you.

Saverio

Hi!
It's not that I didn't try anything, because I tried "Jack".

As soon as I use Jack and click on my digitla piano it crashes.

With the audio settings, I only partially manage that at least Toontrack EZKeys achieves something in SongKey and the chords are displayed to me. Unfortunately I am not able to bring Youtube videos or audio files played in VLC through Jack to SongKey.

Unfortunately, the tutorials on the internet don't show me anywhere near how to do it.

I have connected many audio interfaces to the PC, for EZKey I would use the Mackie audio driver, for youtube and VLC I would prefer to use the Realtek chip on the mainboard.

The tutorials on the net all show other use cases and it doesn't matter that I can hire Jack.

I'm mainly concerned with EZKeys, when I'm composing, SongKey could show me the key used, so I can look for the chords and scales myself.

I would be happy if I could get it to work, but the product video on the Hornet page could have said that an intermediary is needed for SongKey.

But maybe someone here knows how I can get on.

I'm happy to provide more information about my PC.

With musical greetings

Dimugi (Dirk Müller)

Hi, i have a solution for you it works on my windows system:

1. download virtual audio cable from here: https://vb-audio.com/Cable/
2. fire up song key and use the virtual audio cable both for the input and the output.
3. choose CABLE input as your default output device in windows
4. Go to your System > Sound options and select "Device Properties" for your the "CABLE Output" device.
5. Click on "Properties" and go to the "listen" tab
6. Enable the "listen to the device" flag and then choose your hardware audio output as the listening device

This should make it.

Let me know if it works
Saverio

Hello!

Thanks!

I'll try that, had already given up.

Nothing could be done with Jack, maybe it will work with this tool.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get Songkey to work and I got a refund from hoRVet.

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”