What is "Sound" in "Groups"?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I ran into a problem when building a program. The samples would sound on click but not the regions. Evt. I found the reason, it was the "sound" setting in the groups (I used 2 groups).

This is in the manual:

"Sound - selects the sound parameter element mapped to this group. Sound parameters
determine synthesis parameters for the connected samples. Many groups can share a
single sound parameter element."

Q1: What is a sound parameter element? What are "synthesis parameter" What does that setting do?
Q2: I can change only between --- and "New Sound" where do I change this? And why should I?

Maybe the second question is obsolete once I understand the first - thank you!

Sound/synth parameters are all the sounds shaping controls such as AEG, filters, modulation LFO/ENV/SEQ, pitch, glide etc controls. These are contained in what is referred to as a "Sound parameter element". Each group can reference one, and you can either share them across groups or use separate ones.

They are creates from the sound panel (slot controls, click "sound"). Them + in the top header of the panel window that opens. You can name them, and then assign via group list.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanks for the quick reply!

Return to “CWITEC”