loose, slight "bounce" to the playing surface in top left quadrant mostly - (winter temperature? case of screwing?)

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
If anyone has experienced this:
I probably know the answer already but just in case, I've just found that when playing, there is a slight bounce to the playing surface, mostly just in the top left quarter/quadrant, ie upon press and release I experience a visible coming back up of the surface. I'm guessing (like the opposite of a previous question on stuck notes), this could be the winter temperatures? Is it just case of tightening screws?
Thanks

Hi 5kwire,

I’m sorry about that. LinnStrument’s large and thin playing surface is made from silicone rubber, which expands slightly under heat. Perhaps LinnStrument is near a heater or heating vent.

The solution is simple. Please visit my site’s LinnStrument FAQ page and under the “Problems” tab, see the FAQ “The white playing surface is loose, sometimes lifting slightly. How do I fix this?”

Thank you for owning a LinnStrument.

Roger_Linn wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:15 pm Hi 5kwire,

I’m sorry about that. LinnStrument’s large and thin playing surface is made from silicone rubber, which expands slightly under heat. Perhaps LinnStrument is near a heater or heating vent.

The solution is simple. Please visit my site’s LinnStrument FAQ page and under the “Problems” tab, see the FAQ “The white playing surface is loose, sometimes lifting slightly. How do I fix this?”

Thank you for owning a LinnStrument.
Thanks Roger, I had just watched the panel replacing video and thought maybe to try the slight pushing towards the edge (of a mil's worth of surface) while screwing which has done enough for now, but thanks, I note from the FAQ the fridge tip for future. Thank you!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”