Bug causes some Private Messages to not be delivered

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On Thursday I sold some software to a KVR user. He paid promptly, and I sent a PM, telling him I was requesting the transfer info from Native Instruments (NI) immediately. I did so, and I received NI's reply within minutes.

I then sent the buyer the license-transfer info I had received from NI, and he replied, "Thanks." This was all on Thursday.

Then, today (Saturday), he emailed me and asked if I had heard back from NI! Astonished, I reminded him that I had sent him the transfer info on Thursday, but he replied with a screenshot of our PM conversation, and my message containing the transfer info was not there!

I quickly took a screenshot of my view of the conversation—including the transfer ID—and sent that to him. He confirmed, again, that he had never received that PM. I quickly re-sent the message text (but he was already using Google lens to extract his codes from the screenshot).

As it turns out, when he had replied "Thanks," he was replying to my previous message stating that I would send NI the transfer request. He never received my subsequent reply containing his serial numbers! It's in my conversation history, but it's not in his! So, as far as I knew, I had completed our transaction—yet he was still waiting for his codes!

Needless to say, this CRITICAL bug caused QUITE a bit of confusion and angst and had this buyer thinking I had not sent him the information for which he had paid. Obviously trust is very important in the buy/sell forum, and this bug made it look like I had not delivered his purchase.

In the end, we resolved it, but this bug MUST be found and fixed.
Last edited by Syncopator on Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I may have experienced this bug too just yesterday. I agree it must be fixed.
A well-behaved signature.

I also might have a problem with private messages

Return to “Site Stuff”