Strange MUX module "crypto" IN-s and OUT-s

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

I don't know is it some misunderstanding of mine or is it really some kind of bug.
I even don't know how to recreate this thing "from scratch"...
But here is the result: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sHMKhr ... sp=sharing

That's a Mulab project with only one empty MUX module inserted.
Looking from the outside this MUX module has Audio In, MIDI In, Audio Out and MIDI Out.
Looking from the inside (when you double-click MUX module and make it's internal structure visible) this MUX module has no IN-s/OUT-s. It's working field is absolutely empty.

It could be easily resolved by deleting this MUX and creating another one. But I've got the same situation in a project where MUX module contains many modules an a huge GUI which will be completely lost if I delete it.

Could you please help me? Maybe I'm doing something wrong and this issue may be solved easily by myself.

Thank you.

PS (to everybody with Mulab/Mulab plugin): Could you please load the project which I posted a link to, and report if you see any IN-s OUT-s inside the MUX module named "STRANGE_MODULE". Thank you.

Hello!

I'd like to update my question. For it to be more comfortable to deal with I tried to reformulate it in a brief form.
So: here is a MUX module preset: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQ0obJ ... sp=sharing
When you load it into a MUX module you see that this MUX module has audio and MIDI IN and OUT pins at the module graph but no IN-s or OUT-s inside it's modular area. How can it be possible? Is this some kind of bug?

A strange situation indeed. Any idea how you got to this situation?

I can't recall it exactly, sorry. The only thing I remember: I was making a multi-input and multi-output MUX by copying one audio input-output pair and pasting it many times. Then there were maybe some renames and some undoes. At some moment I noticed that the number of input and output points on MUX graph is greater then the corresponding number inside it's modular area.

Then I deleted everything inside modular area and saved MUX preset just to show the point.

My real problem is that I've made a complicated chain with a huge GUI for my "strange" module and wouldn't like to do it again "from scratch". But I can't find a way to get rid of these "phantom" in/out pins.

If it will be useful, I'll try to find an algorithm that gives such a strange result. I'm not sure I'll succeed, but if I will I'll let you know!

Try this to resolve the IO issue:

* Install MuLab 9.3.19 beta for Win64
* Load the project / mux preset (for safety, maybe first make a backup of it)
* Right-click themux preset -> Rename -> enter "__CL__"
* In the command line dialog enter "reset modular io"
* Doublecheck if everything is OK now

Yes a repeatable pattern for this odd issue would be very helpful.

Thank you so much for your rapid reply!
Unfortunately I have a license for Mulab Plugin only and can't use MuLab App 9.3.19 beta. Do you plan to build 9.3.19 beta version for Mulab plugin as well?

Not meant in a wrong pushy way, rather as a tip: What about upgrading to MuLab For Life now that the Super Promo still is there: https://www.mutools.com/shop.html
That will give you lifetime free upgrades for MuLab Plugin, and will also give you MuLab App, as a stand-alone version of MuLab Plugin. (with also lifetime free upgrades for MuLab App of course)

Thank you for pointing my attention to this proposition. I'll think it over!

But currently while I'm thinking... Will the "__CL__" option described above be possible in MuLab Plugin v.9.3.19 when it's released? (if you don't plan to build it as a beta)
Last edited by ortseam on Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes.

So nice! Thank you so much!

MuLab Plugin 9.3.19 beta for Windows 64 bit also is available now:
viewtopic.php?p=8808656#p8808656

It worked!

Thank you so much :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”