Maschine MK 3 vs Ableton Push

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maschine is really quick for getting ideas together. As a Cubase user i find it works better for me starting in Maschine then taking it to Cubase after. Best of both worlds

iMaschine, too

Machine is a fun sub host and standalone beat making daw. I like to use it in standalone to make bits and pieces and then load it into cubase to finish things up. I scored an entire TV show (almost) this way and it worked great for a situation that needed lots of beats used in context that could still be edited in depth. If you are using it inside another "pattern/ scene based" daw it might be a bit redundant but it is a fun controller for the machine software and any plugins that have nks support. I got the Jam and then the machine plus (I use the plus in standalone mode half the time now) and I'm pretty happy with the purchases. If you are actually planning on performing then it will be extremely useful.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Well, now I am not sure again : O
I have to also confess I don't really use midi to it's fullest.
I mean I've never moved beyond just switching on a keyboard and midi assigning. I know you can have multiple channels etc.. So maybe I should get educated on that before buying anything. As I say, the Komplete keys seems like something I could handle ( plus, it's also the cheapest option. In my browsing I find the Ableton Push is the most expensive)...

Does the second hand Maschine you're looking at come with the Maschine software license and any expansions for it? That would add to the value. It's actually a great solution if you're not that MIDI-oriented because everything is set up and ready to go for you. Just hit pads and turn knobs, it's super easy.

I don't think it comes with software... I appreciate how easier it would be. Trying to read up online. Push is out of the question ( too expensive even second hand).. So down to a choice between Komplete keyboard ( sans software again, but looks like it's not a massive issue compared to the other stuff), or an Akai MPC. I'll probs. end up not buying anything at this rate : )
One thing that would make my life easier would be understanding MIDI. I have an axiom-49 keyboard controller and I don't use 90% of it I'm sure. I've looked for tutorials but nothing for my simple brain. Trying to read the manual, my head hurts. Endless rotary knobs... : O
If anyone knows of a good source ( for idiots) I could use that... thanks for all info though.

Geez, you're right about Push prices. Push 2's are still selling for $400 around here. I thought they'd be half that.

Launchpad Pro seems to be a better value. I'm seeing them as low as $100, with many around $200.

I bought a second hand Maschine recently and it did come with the software and libraries

Ok. The maschine is 250, the Komplete keyboard is £150 ( both second hand obviously).

inkwarp wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:35 pm Ok. The maschine is 250, the Komplete keyboard is £150 ( both second hand obviously).
Is this for a mk3 Maschine and the S49 mk2 you posted earlier? Thats a great deal if so.

With NI hardware you have to register the serial to your NI account, regardless of new or second hand you get the software which goes with the hardware. You get all the emails with vouchers, guides and software when you add them

Yes , the Maschine is £250. If the software can be download then of course that makes it far more attractive. I've prevaricated too much now : )

inkwarp wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:18 pm Yes , the Maschine is £250. If the software can be download then of course that makes it far more attractive. I've prevaricated too much now : )
Well I bought a second hand mk3 a few weeks ago. They gave the maschine software license, factory library and I think it was called komplete select
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... 14-select/

Also got a voucher for £25 but you can't use it on sale items

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”