Any issue with creating mse instruments that will be loaded with a newer player?

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I were to export an mse file created on version 2.9.3 of maize sampler, is there any disadvantage of the mse file being loaded in a later player like 2.9.5? Reason I'm asking is that there's nowhere currently to download Maize Sampler 2.9.5 like the latest player 2.9.5 which is generated.

In a nutshell is it ok to create and load mse files that will be loaded into a higher version player?

As far as I know newer players can always supposed to be able play instruments created in older versions of Maize Sampler.

I just tested by adding some older instruments created in 2.8.4 to a newer 2.9.4 player. The reverb doesn't work (not surprising since the reverb changed considerably since 2.8.4) but otherwise the 2.8.4 instruments play fine in the 2.9.4 player.

Perfect thanks for the input! Xiang also confirmed to me via email that it's fine to do this too. Also makes sense in regards to the reverb, which I believe was fixed in 2.9.4 with the fallback to the old reverb feature.

I share this link that Xiang gave me, here you can find all the versions of Maize.
Greetings from Nicaragua

Link: http://www.maizesoft.com/download/msp/old/

I think I grabbed 2.9.5 from the pre-release area.

Return to “Maizesoft”