Windows 10 keeps failing to open USB MIDI Devices after one time use

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mabian wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:55 am Hello,

I have a similar problem with Arturia Keylab Essential mk3 here - I configure everything, and it's fine.

Then after reboot one of two things can happen:

1) The MIDI driver doesn't start (error 10) and so the MIDI devices aren't available
2) The MIDI driver starts correctly but the ports are seen in Windows with different names (a "2 -" is prepended to every Arturia MIDI port) so the DAW configuration is screwed...
The second one is a common issue. Happens with other USB devices as well. The first one, I don't know. It happened to me occasionally in the past, but, I didn't have that for a long time now.

I would eliminate possible sources by plugging out other USB devices, and only leave those ones which are absolutely necessary (mouse and keyboard).

I had an AMD that did this. But after it updated OS to 10. EVERY usb, even the mouse and keyboard would have to be reinserted to activate. I finally just went back to the other OS. It's put me off AMD. My laptop updated to 10 without a sneeze, but no USB.

The complete/updated list of tweaks that helps with USB/LAN/DPC latency.
viewtopic.php?p=8820694#p8820694

Modern problems. :( Imagine someone tripping on your USB MIDI cable during a live performance ( plus, with this issue added to it ).
Free MIDI plugins and other stuff:
https://jstuff.wordpress.com
"MIDI 2.0 is an extension of MIDI 1.0. It does not replace MIDI 1.0(...)"

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”