I still ask for your help.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, it's been a long time since the last post.
But I still can't create the sounds I want with synthesizers.
In Italy there isn't much support for learning.
So I'll rephrase my question, this is what I'm looking for:

- a softsynth with extensive support and tutorials online (that doesn't have a very high price)
- it doesn't matter whether it's free or paid
- I would like to make sci-fi music, if possible presets that come close to this use
- a book that explains in a simple way how to use synths (not something professional and complex).
- YouTube channels that offer tutorials on how to learn. I know the basis of subtractive synthesis but I don't understand how to evolve this knowledge.
- advice from famous sci-fi composers to inspire my sounds (for example, I like Dynatron, soundtracks from science fiction films).

One of my difficulties is putting the tutorials into practice: I often don't find some functions on my synths, making it difficult to obtain the same sound shown.

Thank you very much for your patience.

You might be interested in this book:
How to Make a Noise: a Comprehensive Guide to Synthesizer Programming by Simon Cann (ISBN: 9780955495502) published on 17 July 2007.
https://noisesculpture.com/how-to-make- ... ogramming/

The synth you have/use is not so important, since the basic concepts are universally applicable.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Wow, free!
Thank you!

Literally search "synth tutorial" on YouTube.

A mistake that I think a lot of people make is that they focus on learning a synthesizer instead of learning synthesis. Before I had ever touched a synthesizer, I had a class in synthesis that was taught using modules. Later, when I got a Juno 106, there was no “learning it.” Getting to know it, yes, but as each part was labeled, I knew exactly what to expect from it.

It’s a longer and maybe more confusing process, at least at first, but I suggest downloading VCV Rack. The stand-alone is free, and then find tutorials for it. Once you learn what each type of module does, and how they interact, you’ll be able to use almost anything without needing too much reading through the manual.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”