Synthmaster 3

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I installed it on Cubase 13.0.20.
The VST2 DLL prevents Cubase from startimg and got blacklisted.
Further I got a message: 
2024-01-02 23_45_06-.png
I also did not get the license dialogue. Do every note ends with a loud noise,
Copying the license file to synthmaster3's folder did not help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Playing with it. I'm not sure if there is a correct/easy way to do this. Something that would be very beneficial is to do what Korg's Triton and M1 plugins do: have a combi mode and a program mode. In this case, it would be nice to have single-layer presets, and the capacity to load single-layer presets, or layers from another preset, into the current preset without replacing everything. At present, you have to load a preset, copy the preset, and then load a second preset and paste (and naturally without saving/reloading, you can't do this with more than two presets).

Milkman wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:58 pm If someone can confirm that the MIDI-learn problem from Synthmaster 1 and 2 is resolved in 3, I will be willing to look at it, but unless I know that's fixed I wont touch it.
Can you describe the Midi learn problem? I was having a strange issue in FL Studio where the internal modulations were reacting as if they expected MIDI controller input. For maybe 20 minutes I couldn't figure out why Key Scaler had no affect despite proper routing. All at once the issue got resolved when I moved a controller (even though I had no assignments and was only routing Key Scaler to LFO rate to Filter Cutoff. Is that normal? I feel like an idiot not realizing that MIDI is needed for internal routings. Omnisphere and Spire and at least 7 other Synths I have are fine with internal modulation when MIDI controller connections are not made yet (since it doesn't change anything about the modulation I'm using in them.)

Been enjoying playing around with Rev 14480 for a bit and liking the new layered design. Couple of Interface issues (cant scroll with mouse wheel and some scrollbars rendering is glitchy).

January 9th Rev14591 vst2 instantly crashes on load on any preset (and also takes Reaper along with it) so i backpatched for now. Don't know if it creates any crash or debugging logs that could help?

VST3 versions of Player, 2 and 3 are (and have been for years?) bugged to ignore Poly Aftertouch messages so i'm mostly testing VST2s for now.

moonchunk wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:31 am
Milkman wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:58 pm If someone can confirm that the MIDI-learn problem from Synthmaster 1 and 2 is resolved in 3, I will be willing to look at it, but unless I know that's fixed I wont touch it.
Can you describe the Midi learn problem? I was having a strange issue in FL Studio where the internal modulations were reacting as if they expected MIDI controller input. For maybe 20 minutes I couldn't figure out why Key Scaler had no affect despite proper routing. All at once the issue got resolved when I moved a controller (even though I had no assignments and was only routing Key Scaler to LFO rate to Filter Cutoff. Is that normal? I feel like an idiot not realizing that MIDI is needed for internal routings. Omnisphere and Spire and at least 7 other Synths I have are fine with internal modulation when MIDI controller connections are not made yet (since it doesn't change anything about the modulation I'm using in them.)
The last time I tried using midi-learn or manually binding controls, SM2 crashed. In both Cubase 12.0.80 and Bitwig 5.1.(plugin only, not the DAW) I thought something must be wrong, or that the modwheel mapping must be defaulted to the wrong CC, but it just doesnt work at all for me and so Ive just used the mouse to move the wheel.

Someone else above said they were able to get it working in Bitwig by using a note fx module to manually map it, but I havent tried that because I removed SM2 and was waiting... for confirmation this was fixed in SM3. Dev now claims this had something to do with the way they coded VST3 vs VST2, and that its fixed in SM3. I cant confirm any of this.

Milkman wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:08 pm
moonchunk wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:31 am
The last time I tried using midi-learn or manually binding controls, SM2 crashed. In both Cubase 12.0.80 and Bitwig 5.1.(plugin only, not the DAW) I thought something must be wrong, or that the modwheel mapping must be defaulted to the wrong CC, but it just doesnt work at all for me and so Ive just used the mouse to move the wheel.

Someone else above said they were able to get it working in Bitwig by using a note fx module to manually map it, but I havent tried that because I removed SM2 and was waiting... for confirmation this was fixed in SM3. Dev now claims this had something to do with the way they coded VST3 vs VST2, and that its fixed in SM3. I cant confirm any of this.
That's good info. I didn't have the opportunity to re-create my issue in VST2. It could be fixed then, so that's good news.

Will the physical modeling in Synthmaster 3 extend beyond having comb filters to actually incorporating physics-based models of physical instruments or resonating materials?

Return to “KV331 Audio”