A little confused regarding necessary folder structure (Bitwig Studio/Debian)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi together.
After quite some time I wanted to make another test of Cardinal (23.07) to see what currently works and whether the initial limitations, which made me leave Cardinal more than 1 year ago, are accessible now.

I somehow miss a clear statement, which structure Cardinal's folder has to be in order to give Cardinal's binaries a chance to find everything.
In a few online resources (mainly from Cardinal itself) there is the advice to "copy the complete folder of Cardinal to" ... .clap, -vst3,... etc.
But: When I try to open it inside Bitwig Studio, I got the message, that /usr/local/share/cardinal doesn't exist.... although there's not even a hint, that such a folder has to exist at all at this location... what the hell?

Is anyone out there, who uses Cardinal from a Debian system using a DAW (the CLAP or VST3 version) who was faced with this?
Is there a reliable information, what is needed exactly where?

It would be as simple as : "Create a folder named 'cardinal' inside ~/usr/local/share and unpack Cardinal-linux-x86_64-23.10.tar.gz there - this said: ~/usr/local/share should contain 10 folders (for the different plugin types as well as docs) and 5 files, a.o. README).

Unfortunately many apps/programs are made in a way, as if everybody has the time to fumble together a working system in something like a full-time-job, neglecting, that almost nobody has the time to achieve this and... because of that a lot of people prefer to take the money and simply buy something that works 'out-of-the-box'... making such efforts die out over time because a "lack of support".

Return to “Modular Synthesis”