CS80 V3 VS V4

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I bought V4 because I believed it was better than V3 but now I played the V3 presets and tried to make them on V4, I must admit the result is not convincing. The V3 is loud, the saw is very powerful compared to the V4 that sounds thinner.
It seems also that the velocity response is much more dynamic in V3.
The bad thing is that many knobs have no more the same range and unit. It is almost impossible to copy precisely a preset from V3 to V4.

Is it just me ?

groumpf wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:09 pm Hi,

I bought V4 because I believed it was better than V3 but now I played the V3 presets and tried to make them on V4, I must admit the result is not convincing. The V3 is loud, the saw is very powerful compared to the V4 that sounds thinner.
It seems also that the velocity response is much more dynamic in V3.
The bad thing is that many knobs have no more the same range and unit. It is almost impossible to copy precisely a preset from V3 to V4.

Is it just me ?
I've had similar feelings for sure... fwiw, the range of the envelopes can be set back to the V3 mode in the settings menu opened up by the gear in the upper right. The V3 has muuuuuch longer possible times for the envelope, V4 drastically shortened them. But you can change the V4 to the V3 settings in that menu.

Yes I saw this menu after posting. I should compare with env time in ME80.

Return to “Arturia”