USB 2.0 Interface w/ USB 3.0 Ports - Desperate Producer

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a new PC and I’m setting up my interface. It’s a ‘UR242’ (Usb 2.0)… The ports on my PC are:
Two: USB 2.0 ports with Power On
One: USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port
Three: USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports
Any idea what would be best for my interface, usb e-liscense, keyboard & mouse?
(I currently have my ‘e-Liscense’ & ‘UR242’ in the “USB 2.0 ports w/ Power-on” and my keyboard & mouse in the “USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports” I figured it would be safer to match the 2.0 w/ 2.0, though it has “power-on”…
PLEASE HELP. ANY TIPS OR ADVICE TO KEEP OR CHANGE WOULD BE GREAT. THANK YOU

It does not matter, as none of your external equipment are able to utilize the increased capabilities of USB 3.

Some ports(the USB controller) are connected directly to the CPU, others
to the chipset.
IF you are using an ASRock with yellow ports on the back, connect the
audio interface there.
Otherwise, consult the manual or ask the motherboard manufacturer which
ports are connected directly to the CPU and connect the audio interface there.

Yeah it doesn't need to be matched up as the same USB 2, it upgrades your speed only when you happen to plug in a USB 3.0 device.

You can plug in a USB 1.0 device as well. It was only recently that I even had USB 2.0 and it always said my device could perform faster if I plugged it into 2.0 .
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Thank you. I've searched everywhere and can't find which of the 'USB' ports are 'CPU' & not 'Chipset'... I'll write to 'Dell' and see if they can tell me... They are probably the faster 'USB 3.0' gen. 1&2 "blue" ports. I don't have any "yellow" ports... So if it turns out it is the 'USB 3.0' port that's through the 'CPU'; I should plug in the 'USB 2.0' interface to that 3.0 port???

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”