G-Life vs Grain Length

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New user alert!

What’s the difference between these two parameters? What is the use case for each?

Thanks a lot

Phil B wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:34 pm What’s the difference between these two parameters? What is the use case for each?
Hi Phil,

Happy to clarify! Spoiler - there is a detailed User-manaual avail that describes the crusher-X functionalities: https://accsone.com/images/accsone/down ... Manual.pdf

The Grain Length determines the time a single grain is auditable. Together with "Birth" it defines the cycle of Grain/Silence/Overlapping for each Grain generator.

G-Live controls the time each Grain generator is running before it stops until it is "Respawned" by several Triggers - The available triggers are describe in section 10.4 of the User-manual.

One can use G-Live (beyond "eternal") to stop the grain generation e.g. to create single "burst" sounds that have a limited time-span and re-triggered e.g. by level control (see Grain Bruffer & Trigger & Glitcher panel). In Glitcher Mode G-Live can be used to control and modulate the length of a single Glitch like it is used in the factory program Nr. 4 "Glitcher-X" or 29 "RythmRoto"

Best
accSone

Thank you!!

I think I got it now (I did read the manual :)) - will try some experiments and report back

Return to “accSone”