Speedrum updated to v1.5.3

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

swindus wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:50 pm I'm using Reaper on Linux. It happens when I load a Reaper project with Speedrum on a track and not loading or importing a kit. The first part of the path changed from "/home/user/studio/samples/..." to "/home/user/studio/samples/drums/..."
ok, I'll check it out

Thanks!

apisonic wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:34 pm
swindus wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:50 pm I'm using Reaper on Linux. It happens when I load a Reaper project with Speedrum on a track and not loading or importing a kit. The first part of the path changed from "/home/user/studio/samples/..." to "/home/user/studio/samples/drums/..."
ok, I'll check it out
And is this issue fixed? Otherwise i will not buy Speedrum yet, i'm also on Linux. If i need to load all speedrum tracks manually after saving a project that is near impossible to work for me.

I'm Bitwig user version 5.0

I can't reproduce it, it works normally for me, tested on Mint 20.3 (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS) and latest Manjaro(Arch).

But maybe it is related to a bug in the current version, if the project is loaded/saved and the Speedrum gui is not opened so that the warning about missing files is not visible, the sample paths for those missing files will be lost, because it will be saved without samples.
That bug will be fixed in the next update in a few days.

apisonic wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:40 am I can't reproduce it, it works normally for me, tested on Mint 20.3 (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS) and latest Manjaro(Arch).

But maybe it is related to a bug in the current version, if the project is loaded/saved and the Speedrum gui is not opened so that the warning about missing files is not visible, the sample paths for those missing files will be lost, because it will be saved without samples.
That bug will be fixed in the next update in a few days.
Ok thanks that sounds like it could be the issue!

# fixed possible crash when importing invalid kit
# fixed possible losing sample paths in case of loading-saving state without opening gui when there are missing samples
# fixed Geist kit loading with relative sample paths
# fixed hiding cursor on velocity slider
# fixed freezing of vu meters

Thank you! Will check the new version.

Hello. I tried to make a drum kit converting the good old Ken Ardency drumkit soundfont. I converted it in SFZ format, manually adjusted the resulting file in order to get layered pads (so, adding <group> tags) and fnally imported in Speedrum.

It mostly worked, with the exception of these opcodes:
- group_label: ignored, the pads took the name of one of the samples
- pan: ignored, all the pads sounds in center
- pitch_keycenter: ignored, in the soundfont two keys uses the same sample but with different pitch, in Speedrum they sounds exactly the same
- lokey & hikey: ignored, Speedrum place the pads in the order they're loaded, ignoring the set note number even if available in the pad grid.
- ampeg_... : ignored, Speedrum let the volume envelope disabled

Is it something which is addressable by me using different opcodes or this is just how Speedrum handles the SFZ import?

Thanks
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

As far as I remember (I don't have the code in front of me at the moment) only basic things are taken into account, because I didn't have a more advanced SFZ kit available at the time I was working on the converter.
I would like to upgrade that converter, and would be grateful if you could send me that SFZ you created, samples are not needed.

Thanks

apisonic wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:51 pm I would like to upgrade that converter, and would be grateful if you could send me that SFZ you created, samples are not needed.
Sure!

Copy/pasted the file content here:
https://justpaste.it/b3ud5

Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Return to “Apisonic Labs”