TAL Sampler 4, new look - free update!

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seangm wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:09 pm
EmptyVessel wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:57 pm
martiu wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:43 pm how do you save preset in talwav file format?
Check the drop down menu:

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 08.54.17.png

You will still have to save the preset after you've converted the samples.
The browser dropdown in my Tal Sampler doesn't have the "Convert wav samples to talwav" option in the menu. I think I have the latest version of Tal Sampler. Is there somewhere you need to turn that option on? I have every other menu option you have except that one and "Copy samples to Preset directory". Are those new options just added? Not sure why it's not showing in my dropdown menu.
it is weird, sometimes i have it, sometimes is not there
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:43 pm how do you save preset in talwav file format?

The browser dropdown in my Tal Sampler doesn't have the "Convert wav samples to talwav" option in the menu. I think I have the latest version of Tal Sampler. Is there somewhere you need to turn that option on? I have every other menu option you have except that one and "Copy samples to Preset directory". Are those new options just added? Not sure why it's not showing in my dropdown menu.
I'm running v4.5.4 which is current according to the website, that option has been there since the beginning although Patrick has mentioned he's considering getting rid of it because it seems like nobody uses it. :)
martiu wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:12 pm i have that but when i press it nothing happens, should it drop a file somewhere?
Wherever the wav files are that you used in the preset that option will create talwav files in that location. It would be nicer if there was just a "save preset as talwav" option I think.
emptyvessel
Professional sound design for manufacturers and composers
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.
https://store.emptyvessel.co.nz/

is there any benefit saving in talwav format or i can just save the preset with the wav file?
one more question, is it true that if you save embedded preset it will become slow when you have a lot, so more efficient way is to save preset with sample?
aliasing plugin owner

martiu wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:25 pm is there any benefit saving in talwav format or i can just save the preset with the wav file?
one more question, is it true that if you save embedded preset it will become slow when you have a lot, so more efficient way is to save preset with sample?
No, there's no benefit, which is why Patrick is considering removing the option. It was put there so that people making sample packs did not have to give normal WAV files as part of the pack, as a sort of protection. I've always been keen to include the original WAVs so that anyone buying my packs can use the samples in other samplers if they wish.
I find the easiest way to do it is have one folder for all of the samples and then save the presets in the folder above that but organise things the way it works for you. afaik it's not possible to embed the samples into the preset any more, it made the preset files quite large and slow to load.
emptyvessel
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.

Thank you EmptyVessel, i save my presets with the wav files in the same user folder, it is a bit weird to have different file formats in the same folder but who cares, it works just fine. :hug:
aliasing plugin owner

EmptyVessel wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:21 pm

I'm running v4.5.4 which is current according to the website, that option has been there since the beginning although Patrick has mentioned he's considering getting rid of it because it seems like nobody uses it. :)
martiu wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:12 pm i have that but when i press it nothing happens, should it drop a file somewhere?
Wherever the wav files are that you used in the preset that option will create talwav files in that location. It would be nicer if there was just a "save preset as talwav" option I think.
Ok thanks. Sounds like it might be an intermittent issue. It's not a showstopper or anything because like you said I can use the wav file.

Does anyone know where the factory sample folder is? I can't find it at all.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:00 am Does anyone know where the factory sample folder is? I can't find it at all.
Sorry for the slow response, summer holiday time down here in NZ.
Because the factory presets have always been a separate download there is no default location, there used to be a menu option to set default preset location but this was removed now we have the Browser in the plugin.
I really had a feeling there used to be a default early on so if you made a preset and hit save it put it somewhere specific but Patrick tells me it's not the case.
emptyvessel

EmptyVessel wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:44 am
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:00 am Does anyone know where the factory sample folder is? I can't find it at all.
Sorry for the slow response, summer holiday time down here in NZ.
Because the factory presets have always been a separate download there is no default location, there used to be a menu option to set default preset location but this was removed now we have the Browser in the plugin.
I really had a feeling there used to be a default early on so if you made a preset and hit save it put it somewhere specific but Patrick tells me it's not the case.
Oh… so maybe I never downloaded any presets… hm. I’ll look again. Thanks. Weird choice.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

kmonkey wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:10 am This is what I meant when I said "exponential" curves. Note: images are not mine they are from the internet (quick Google), but they explain far better than I can tell with my silly English.

Ableton Sampler - try to save the .GIF on your computer to see the animation - I am unsure why is it not working.

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 17.50.35.png
Quoting myself from the previous year, while I think my bragging about adding exponential curves to TAL Sampler surely isn't a day or two job and won't happen at any time, for sure I would again want to ask if is there a chance to add longer release times. That shouldn't be a hard task or break any compatibility.

I can not imagine any other addition to the sampler myself, but I really miss those long AKAI release (and attack) times.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “TAL Software”